Chapter 872. Yasenia's Return.

Soluna couldn't help but feel apprehensive after hearing what Tatyana had to say. It was undeniable that she liked Yasenia quite a bit. However, did she like the idea of becoming her bonded spirit enough to risk her own life?

She didn't know.

The concept of "death" was so far away for the current Soluna that even imagining that situation felt wrong. It was like asking a mortal human what they would do if they were to grow wings suddenly.

They would naturally be confused and, more often than not, unable to answer anything other than "fly free and explore the world."

For Soluna, the concept of fighting for her life was similar. If she were to be asked, she would answer, "Well, I would fight for survival."

But, what that entailed exactly was foreign to her.

As a young and special spirit that had been taken in shortly after gaining a conscience and growing up protected, Soluna didn't know what hardships were. The fights she was in were always, without exception, a one-sided beatdown. After all, her strength was practically unmatched. Even against creatures stronger than her, the second they landed one attack, they would be obliterated by her body reacting to the attack.

Only someone overwhelmingly stronger or someone like Yasenia, who could touch her without problems, would be able to defeat Soluna.

In short, Soluna was lost and unable to make a decision.

Yasenia understood Soluna's current feelings to a certain extent. A creature who was sheltered, no matter if they were a spirit, human, or whatever else, would always feel lost when difficult situations or options were presented.

She smiled and said. "Soluna, currently, my inner energy, Dantian, and cultivation are very active. I need to stabilize everything since I just broke through. Hence, you making a pact with me now has its merits and demerits."

Soluna raised her eyes and looked at Yasenia with her exotic pair of Sun and Moon pupils.

Yasenia commented. "If you manage to make a contract with me now, you will probably be deeply assimilated into my being, as stabilizing my foundation with you around will affect you whether we want it or not. It will certainly be beneficial for you and make you stronger than you currently are."

The dragoness continued. "On the other hand, the risks are much higher. As I stabilize the foundation and move my energies and treasures around my body, the chances of you being swallowed are high. I have less control over my body's internal reactions, as most of them are subconscious and guided by natural instinct."

Soluna heard Yasenia and nodded, speaking at length for the first time since the conversation began. "I understand. I understood what Tatyana meant and what you told me as well, Yasenia. I'm just... I don't know what risking my life is. What is death like? What will I feel? What if I am overwhelmed? What if I can't fight back? What if I injure you while fighting back? What if..." Soluna stopped speaking and sighed. "I'm lost..."

Tatyana knew this was an important asset for Yasenia. If she could force Soluna to make a contract, she didn't know if she could've resisted. Not only would their connection bring strength to Yasenia regardless of the outcome, but in case of being successful, Soluna's connections with the spirit world would become Yasenia's.

She was not sure how spirits would react if Soluna was devoured, but Tatyana was confident that with Valeria's influence, they could silence them.

Moreover, Valeria has entered the fifth realm thanks to Kali's breakthrough. Her strength, aura, and overall presence were nothing like before.