Chapter 869. Cultivation Freedom. Soluna's Confusion.

Tatyana was sitting cross-legged by Yasenia's head. During the last two months, the size of her little treasure has been increasing, so she looked like an ant by the side of a human's shoe.

As Yasenia broke through into the next realm, her physical form underwent a staggering metamorphosis. Her body, excluding her tail, now stretched over a kilometer in length, a size that was mirrored in her wingspan, which spanned an impressive 1.2 kilometers. To put this into perspective, her wingspan covered an area of approximately one million square meters.

Then, her tail, which was no less massive than the rest of her colossal form, neared 900 meters in length. In total, the dragon had become a titanic 2-kilometer-long and 1.2-kilometer-wide creature with a height of 500 meters.

If before, she was compared to a large hill; now she would be compared to a small mountain. If she lay there unmoving for a while and a layer of dirt covered her, people would climb her as another mountain in the surroundings.

As Tatyana observed Yasenia's gradual changes, she felt a presence approaching from behind. Given their ability to approach this far, Tatyana was confident it wasn't a hostile presence. After all, the security measures around Yasenia would make it hard for even her to approach.

"Lady Tatyana, can I have a word with you?"

Tatyana didn't turn around and smiled. Patting the floor by her side, she commented. "Come here, Sierra. What's wrong?"

Sierra approached and sat on her knees, her posture always being respectful. For Sierra, the mother of the imposing dragon lying there, Tatyana, was nothing but a sacred being. She couldn't understand how a human creature could give birth to someone like Yasenia, but if her own progeny was one-tenth as talented as Yasenia, she would be able to go to sleep with a smile on her face.

"Hm. Lady Tatyana, remember how you told us not to ignore our vague premonitions or feelings?"

Tatyana nodded. "That's right. Did you feel something like that, child?"

Sierra was a few centuries old; however, compared to the person by her side, who was older by a few orders of magnitude, she was nothing but a young and immature being. Hence, Sierra didn't mind Tatyana's way of calling her at all.

Sierra nodded and commented. "Just a few moments ago, I felt my heart squeezing. Then, the sensations disappeared. I don't know what this means, though. However, since you said never to ignore these signals, I decided to come and tell you about it."

Tatyana stopped looking at Yasenia and turned to look at Sierra. "Hm... Sierra?"

"Yes, Lady Tatyana?"

Tatyana asked while looking into Sierra's eyes. "Do you trust me?"

Sierra was about to answer, but from Tatyana, a malevolent aura full of killing intent surrounded her like a mist of death. Her fur puffed up as her entire body erupted into danger signals, and the desire to flee invaded all her senses for a fraction of a second.

Sierra did not attack right away out of pure instinct because Tatyana was too strong of an opponent. Even in this situation, the option of attacking to defend herself never crossed her mind.

However, after the initial moments of pure instinctual panic, Sierra managed to rule over her instincts and cross gazes with the terrifying blood-red eyes.

The swirling color that appeared like a sea of blood was terrifying, but she knew that this being was not dangerous as long as you didn't come in Yasenia's way. Hence, she could calm her messy feelings and answered with a stutter. "I-I t-trust you, Lady Tatyana."

As soon as those words left her mouth, everything disappeared as if it was made of smoke, leaving behind a smiling Tatyana. The Death Empress laughed. "Great job, Sierra." Then, she explained. "I wanted to test you not because I don't trust you myself, but I wanted to see how far you've come in controlling your wild side. Even if you fled from me, I wouldn't have blamed you, and I would've answered your question. Don't worry."