Chapter 895. Wolf Clan's Last Chance.

Right when Yasenia ordered everyone's slaughter, Zephyrith appeared in front of Yasenia and spoke. "Lady Yasenia, please spare the Steel Back Wolf Race. I know that they've offended you greatly. However, most of them were just coerced by Fu Lang Zu's tyranny. There are many reasonable people between the groups."

Yasenia's raised hand that would signal the start of the slaughter when it fell stopped. Her draconic eyes locked on Zephyrith, and the Fate Wolf felt insignificant for the second time in her life, the first being her first encounter with Tatyana.

Because Yasenia was still using her Celestial Skills, her aura was amplified by several levels, and just a look from her would bring with it pressure worthy of her status as a Peak-level Ancient Beast.

Yasenia asked. "Give me a good reason other than some are good people. You understand that if I try to conquer this race during the war that is about to unfold, it can become a weak link, don't you? You are not stupid, Zephyrith. I know because it is one of the reasons I never really opposed Sierra's romantic love for you. I can see that there is a wise and calm woman in you."

The dragoness squinted. "However, your current plea is not too wise or calm. Give me a reason, benefits, or something that can convince me. Don't try to poke at my compassion because there is none of it in me."

The coldness radiating from the golden slit eyes was more than enough to tell Zephyrith that she was not bluffing. Zephyrith commented. "There are several envoys of other races, some allied with your party, which are in opposition of this happening. What makes you different from Fu Lang Zu if you just invade and slaughter everyone you don't like?"

Yasenia laughed. "Different? The only difference between Fu Lang Zu and I is that we are on opposite sides and the importance we give to those close to us." Yasenia leaned forward, making their noses almost touch. "Zephyrith, don't misunderstand me for a righteous ruler or a gentle monarch. While I am just toward those who follow me, I am a ruthless murderer to those who don't. Selfishness is in me, and my empathy for others is very limited. I, Yasenia Dravory, am not a good person. Never was, never will be."

The dragoness straightened her back when she saw Zephyrith's red eyes trembling and stated. "If I am left alone, you won't know of my name. If I am constantly bothered, even if billions must die until people understand not to mess with me, I will kill and create an ocean of blood and with corpses spelling my message out to the world."

"Sigh. Do you need to be so extreme, junior?"

The dragoness looked skyward and saw the old man who accompanied Fu Lang Zu toward the trial, accompanied by seven other people. In total, there were five old men and three old women.

Their presence darkened the sky, showing that all of them were peak-level Epoch Cores that had reached the limit of their cultivation, trapped in that level not because they lacked talent but because the World lacked resources.

They were the true powerhouses of this world. Cultivators who had truly reached the limits of strength one could have in Distancia.

Yasenia didn't dare underestimate them and grabbed Zephyrith by the waist, flashing back and standing in front of her army. Not for a second would she face all those alone.

"Oh? Afraid?"

The old wolf smiled, his wrinkly face gaining a few extra folds. Yasenia nodded. "Naturally so. When seniors of your level appear, this junior is not arrogant enough to think she can face them."

All eight wolf seniors looked deeply at Yasenia, and one of the old women sincerely praised her. "Intelligent and talented. Hardworking and cautious. Her feet are firmly planted in the ground while her sights are firmly locked in the sky. Yet, while looking up, she never disregards the ground she is standing on."