Chapter 854. Three Months. A Conversation Between The Girls.

When Angel opened her big, soft blue eyes, three months had gone by. It was neither a long nor short timeframe for someone at her level.

In the meantime, Yasenia was now sure that all her dears were in the next realm, so she went into closed-door cultivation for the first time in a long while.

Angel, who just awakened, asked Kali after she arrived at their house's living room. "Where is Yasenia?"

Kali smiled and patted the free space by her side, inviting Angel to sit down. Angel complied and listened to Kali. "Yasenia went into closed-door cultivation around one month ago."

Kali used her two right tails to surround Angel in fluff as she felt her mood dropping. "How are you feeling, Angel?"

Angel hugged one of the thick, furry tails and buried her face in the clean, pleasant-smelling tail. It had an earthly scent with a hint of recently cut grass, filling each of her breaths with a relaxing aroma.

Angel answered with a smile while looking sideways. "I'm feeling great. My entire body is so full of energy, hahaha."

Kali nodded as she continued with what she was doing. "I'm feeling the same, hahaha."

Angel looked at Kali's hands and saw a plant-like thing that was slowly being molded by Kali's hands. "What are you doing?"

Kali's fingers moved through the plant creature with slow movements and spoke. "Hm... I'm trying to create a new life."

Angel blinked repeatedly. "Huh?"

Kali laughed as she continued her movements on the palm-sized creature. "I'm trying to create a new type of plant creature with a conscience to help me tend my garden."

Kali smiled faintly as she looked at the creature between her hands. "Sadly, it is too difficult to do that. While I can create it as a summon, that consumes my energy, and I have to order it around. This one between my hands was created with the help of my innate skills. My fourth tail gave me the power to modify the life I create and steer them toward certain paths."

Kali sighed, her energy gently flowing into the creature while Angel looked on with wonder. "However, even if the body is perfect, the organs work as intended, and the genetic code and bodily functions could properly support it, it doesn't come to life."

Angel was utterly clueless about this, so she asked with her eyes sparkling with curiosity. "Why?"

Kali spoke slowly. "It can't gain a soul."

Angel tilted her head as she looked at the palm-sized creature that Kali kept very lightly modifying. "Why?"

With a sigh, Kali shook her head. "I don't know, and Valeria won't tell me."

Angel laughed, feeling a sense of comradeship. After all, many times, she just wished that Mirrory would tell her the answer to her problems. However, she knew that the seniors were always looking toward the future with their slightly annoying secrecy.

Angel continued looking for a while, not knowing what Kali was doing but finding the situation pleasant and relaxing. Even if she didn't understand, she could appreciate that Kali was working seriously and slowly.

Evelyn, Cecile, and Andrea returned around two hours later, their breaths slightly ragged from all the combat practice between each other.

When they arrived, they saw Angel and smiled. Andrea asked. "You are back. How are you feeling, Angel?"

Angel moved her gaze from Kali's handwork and smiled brightly at them. "Super nice~. What about all of you? Were you sparring?"

Evelyn plopped her butt by her side and nodded. "That's right. I personally have developed new skills from my inheritance, so I was testing them. To be honest, they are strong. The rest of the inheritance skills have also become stronger with it."