017

Annabelle

Annabelle

MY FIRST QUESTION  was about Anna. "That Anna girl Elena mentioned, who is she?" I asked. That question had Jeremy on edge, I could tell by the way he shifted and his eyes nervously scanned my face. 

"She is...was," Jeremy quickly corrected himself. "My girlfriend. She was a vampire from the tomb and supposed to turn me so we could be together."

"Did she," I trailed off, afraid to trigger him. "Die in the fire tonight?"

"Yeah, she did," Jeremy nodded. I saw a hint of sadness in his eyes but he quickly covered it. 

"And Vicki, did you love her?"

Jeremy sucked in a breath. "Vickie was there for me when I was going through a rough time. Yes, I had feelings for her, but I wouldn't say I loved her." I was satisfied with his answer. 

"When you were an emo druggie," I teased him and he laughed, rolling his eyes.

"Yes, she was there when I was an emo druggie," Jeremy confirmed. "Actually, she was the one who made me want to get off of drugs."

"Drugs suck," I said as I leaned back on his bed, my back sore from sitting up. 

"You did drugs?"

"A little bit," I confirmed, remembering the time when my ex-boyfriend had given me some. "My dad was beyond furious when he found out, darn near threatened to keep me locked up forever." Jeremy laughed at that but our conversation was cut short when we heard a bang downstairs. Instantly, we were on our feet. 

"Annabelle-" I cut Jeremy off as I began to creep towards his door.

"Stay here," I ordered and he quickly shook his head. 

"No," Jeremy protested. "I don't want you to get hurt."

"I'm a vampire, remember," I flashed him a smile before it faltered as another bang sounded. "And you can't risk dying." Jeremy looked conflicted but I sent him a reassuring smile. "Stay."

Jeremy put his hands up, creeping away from the bed. I shut his door behind me, creeping downstairs. From the staircase, I could see Stefan standing by the front door, which eased my nerves slightly. "Stefan? Are you okay?" He must have came to check up on us or something, seeing as Elena wasn't with him.

I crouched down beside him, helping him up just as keys jingled. "I'm fine," he brushed me off, looking over at Elena and Damon, who had just entered the house. 

"Stefan?" Elena said worriedly.  

"Elena," Stefan breathed out, his breathing heavy.

"W-What happened?" Elena asked. A look of realization dawned on Damon's face.

"Katherine happened," Damon announced. Elena looked over at Stefan, her brows knitted in worry. 

"Is Jeremy okay?" Elena directed her words toward me.