024

Annabelle

Annabelle

JEREMY QUICKLY JUMPED into action as he moved off to talk to Katherine, pretending she was Elena. I sat beside Bonnie, watching the interaction closely.

"So, are you and Jeremy like a thing?" Bonnie asked, her eyes also glued on Katherine.

"What?" I practically choked on my own laugh. "No, we are just friends." I mean, I definitely had feelings for Jeremy, there was no denying that, but I was too prideful to admit it. At least not without knowing if he felt the same.

"Really?" Bonnie asked, surprised. I nodded to assure her there was nothing going on. 

"Hey, where did Jeremy just go?" I asked, noticing he had disappeared, as well as Katherine. It looked like he had gone behind the bushed. Me and Bonnie stood up, walking over to where I had seen Jeremy disappear off to. 

"Jeremy," Bonnie whispered as we searched for him, approaching the area where we had last seen him.

"Over here," Jeremy called out and we went behind the bush, noticing Jeremy and Elena standing there.

"What is going on?" Elena asked, looking between the three of us. We were all hesitant to answer, sharing a look. "Tell me what's going on, now."

"We're killing Katherine tonight," Bonnie spilled first, most likely not wanting to lie to her best friend. 

"You guys are going to kill her here?" Elena asked in disbelief.

"We saw an opportunity and we knew we had to take it," Jeremy explained, buttoning the bottom of his suit. 

"Okay, stop with the 'we.' Are you guys crazy?" Elena seemed surprised yet worried at the same time. "You're gonna get yourself killed."

"We know what we're doing, Elena," Bonnie assured the girl.

"BEsdies, we took all the precautions needed," I added, crossing my arms over my chest as I took off my mask. 

"And how am I supposed to feel if one of you guys gets hurt because of me?" Elena retorted, now seeming as if she was slightly angry. 

"It's not just you anymore, Elena," Jeremy defended our actions. "She's messed with all of us. She has to be stopped."

"I agree," I nodded,  glancing over at Jeremy. "This doppelganger bitch has robbed us too many times." Elena sighed, speechless. One moment she was looking at us, not believing that we had hidden this from her, the next she was gasping and bent over in pain. 

"Elena!" Jeremy explained as she screamed, hands moving to grab her.

"What is it?" Bonnie asked in a panic while I kneeled beside Elena, allowing her to grab my hand and squeeze it tight as blood appeared on her shirt. Elena screamed in pain again. Jeremy tried his best to comfort his sister through his worried state.