40. Committed

March 5th

Tierra POV

I walked down the aisle with my brother to Jennifer Hudson giving myself.

I blinked away my tears seeing Taj at the front of the church. We decided on a small intimate wedding with just our close relatives and friends.

Ty dapped up Taj and kissed my cheek and then Taj helped me up onto the small stage.

I wiped his few tears that had fallen.

"Shit" he said lowly.

I looked at him wide eyed.

"My bad" he said looking up briefly.

I let out a small laugh.

The pastor began the ceremony.

Once we got to our vowels I spoke first and then Taj. His had me bawling, he's always had a way with words when he actually articulated his feelings.

We exchanged our rings and were finally able to kiss and he nearly put his tongue down my throat not caring that our parents were watching.

He rubbed on my ass and I had my arms around his neck.

"Aight" we heard someone call out.

I lightly bit Taj bottom lip as we pulled away and he looked at me and I let it go. He placed one more kiss on my lips and we smiled. 

Everyone cheered and they put a broom down and me and Taj jumped it and then they let the kids run over to us.

I kissed my babies and we walked down the isles Taj holding them both. Our bridesmaids and groomsmen following us.

Taj best man being Rico and my maid of honor being Toya.

We went to the reception which was in another building and nearly all of Southside was there. Most knowing me since I was a baby. They used to call me Southside princess growing up and a lot of old heads still do that knew my dad.

We walked out into the reception hand-in-hand my mom taking the kids and everyone threw money at us and we had our first dance.

For the daddy daughter I chose Richard to dance with me since he'd been in my life since I was 4 and he's been a father for me since my dad has been locked up.

We danced to dance with my father by Gerald Lavert and Taj danced with his mom to boys to men song for mama.

After our dances we ate and the party started.

"I'd like to make a toast" Rico called out.

Everyone quieted down and the DJ cut the music and Rico, Trinity and Toya stood near the table Taj and I sat at.

"T I've been knowing you since you were lil mamas age and Taj you know we like brothers that shit deeper than blood.

Knowing you two separately is one thing but seeing you two together is amazing, y'all are really the totem Chicago love story that's everyone wants.

I love the way you two love each other and support the other. To how y'all raise my beautiful God children, I'm just glad you two crossed paths. I know y'all got forever more to go and I'm excited to see what you two do with it all" he said.

I smiled nodding.

Toya and Trinity spoke and they asses cried making me cry.

Ms Pat even got up there and my mom.

"Tierra I'm glad it was you chosen to love on my son the way a lifetime partner should be loved on. Even the way you love on my grand babies. I give you credit but also your parents for raising such an amazing young woman.