Chapter 72

Freen's pov

So, lets call it night? Richie said as we nearly finished the bottled of wine that he brought. I didn't take much because alcohol is not really my thing.

Yeah, thank you again. I said as I glance at the big clock that was hanging in his wall. Its already one in the morning and I didn't notice it. We talked a lot about what happened in the past years.

Richie on the other hand avoids to bring his sister on our topic, which I totally understand. Yet, I can sense something on him. Something that I can't quite fathom.

I feel like his hiding something on me. But then, I shooked my head on that thought. Maybe I was just thinking too much.

Uhm, Richie? I said when he is about to take a step to his room.

Yes, do you need something? He asked waiting for my response.

Can I use your kitchen tomorrow, I want to bring something for my wife. I said fidgeting my fingers. I know its not really necessary but I want to make her favourite. I know she misses it. I don't care if he calls me crazy about this idea.

Off course, feel at home Freen. I would be happy if I can have some of whatever you would cook, I miss it by the way. Though my sister wasn't a kind of a sharer when it comes to the food that you'd prepare for her. He said smiling.

Thank you. Good night. I said.

Good night Freen. He said and he left to his room. And I do the same.

As I reach the room where Im staying, I didn't go straight to the bed. Instead I stand on this wide and thick window glass and look at the sky from up.

Its quite cloudy, so I didn't got lucky to see a star. I heaved a long sigh. Lost in my own thoughts. I took my phone from the bedside table and found a couple of messages from my mom and p'nam. To be honest I didn't know what to do without them by my side.

Scrolling down on my phone I ended up in my own gallery which is full by our pictures together. My sanctuary. Those pictures of us is a witness on how perfect we are and happy.

I tried not to be eaten by my own emotions. And focused on the positive things. I found myself smiling at her perfect photos. Her beautiful smiles that cannot be compared to anyone. I reminisce all those memories that we've been built. Those happy moments with her that cannot be persist.

Again, I was lost in the track of time. As the sun was about to shine, I decided to head in the kitchen. I was startled by the appearance of a lady who happens to be Richie's helper.

Does she woke up this early everyday? I asked myself.

Good morning ma'am freen. Do you need something? It's quite early. Are you hungry? I'll prepare a breakfast for you. She said smiling.

No, thank you. I was actually about to make something. I said and she furrowed her brows.

I mean I'll bring some foods in the cemetery. I said and she nodded understanding what I am trying to say.

I can give you a hand ma'am Freen. If that's okay with you? She asked and I simply nodded at her. Since I was new here, I don't know where is the stuffs that I'll be needing.

Somehow I'm thankful that she's already awake. So, no one would think that maybe there is an intruder in the kitchen searching for ingredients.

I told her what are the ingredients that I'll be needing, and thank God because everything is here. No need to stroll down the city to go to the grocery store.