144

Two weeks later Kara and Andrea were playing in what would be the deciding game as to which of the other teams would be in the finals. Kara was saving goals every which way they came at her, while Andrea was busy trying to get the ball away from an opponent. "Damn! That was some block Kara did.." Alex said. "Yea...I almost thought she was gonna miss it." Lena replied. There eyes were glued on the field as the game continued on. "RED FLAG OPPOSING FORWARD!" The referee called out. The woman walked off the field hands over her head and a grumpy look on her face. The referee tossed the ball back into the field and the game continued on.

Soon the game was all tied up 20 to 20. Everyone in the stands were watching as the opposing team took their penalty kick at Kara. They were given when one of Columbia's players crashed into them while trying to get the ball away from them. Lena and Alex were on the edge of their seats as the ball flew through the air at her. Kara's arms extended out words as she dove towards the ground and caught the ball in her hands.

"THAT'S IT! COLUMBIA IS GOING TO THE CHAMPIONSHIPS!" Someone yelled out. Everyone on the Columbia team ran towards the center of the field yelling and screaming as they went. "YAAAAAASSS!" Andrea yelled out as she hugged Kara. "ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP!" Another woman yelled out! Lena and Alex watched as Kara was hoisted up on the team's shoulders and carried her around. "KARA! KARA! KARA!" Everyone chorused.

A few minutes later Kara was down and she and Andrea began walking over to get their things. "Come on! Let's go get our girls!" Alex said. The two of them began walking over to the field together. "I'm glad soccer is almost over...it's getting too damn cold out to sit on the metal bleachers." Lena grumbled as they walked. "You and me both. I'll be glad when basketball starts up." Alex said. "Yea..but Andrea doesn't play..." Lena replied. "No..but we still go to the games." Alex said. "Oh..I'm hoping to go to her away games this year..especially if it's up in Vermont again." Lena said.

Andrea and Kara were walking over to them with bright smiles on their faces. "Congratulations ladies!" Alex gushed as she pulled Andrea into a hug. "Thanks love." Andrea replied. "Congratulations darling!" Lena exclaimed happily as she too pulled Kara into her arms. "Thank you Lee! Are you ready to go home?" Kara asked. "Yes. Are you guys coming to dinner tonight?" Lena asked. "Yes, after showers. I'm really lookign forward to seeing the house finally." Andrea replied. "Ok! We'll see you later!" Kara said as she and Lena walked over to her car.