Year 1-1

Edited February 7, 2017.
A/n: Yn = your name. Year one begins and you are 11. Enjoy.

Nothing, just a pitch black blanket surrounds you. You're surrounded by the love of your mom. Then you hear her footsteps as she takes you from Harry's bed and puts you in her bed. 'One room away from her and my brother' you thought. She kisses your head and says "Stay here, Yn don't move. I'll come back to get you once this is over, I love you." And runs out of the room. Except she never comes to get you.

"Avada Kedavra!" A male voice roars and at the same time, you hear your father, James Potter, shout the same thing but he got cut off as you guess the spell or curse hit him.

"Take me not Harry, don't kill Harry!" Your mom, Lilly Potter shrieks. She repeats it over and over until that horrid curse too cuts her off. Then you hear it for the last time and hear it directed to Harry. Then nothing. You whimper to anyone that may still be in the house, but you get nothing. Nothing, just a pitch black blanket that smothers your cries. You hear a scream.
"Stay here, Yn, don't move. I'll come back to get you once this is over, I love you." Rings in your head. Your last sight of your mother.

You snap awake. You're sweating in your sheets. Ten years ago you were split from your brother. Your father, Severus Snape, comes in to your room and you realize it's your scream that you heard.

"What happened? Another bad dream?" Dad asks as he sits you nod and curl against your father. You look up at him. "What was this one about?"

"When I was young. When I was living with the Potters when they were killed, right?" You ask and see your father stiffen.

"I think you have been obsessing over your beginning. All I know was that your mother had you and died before she could name you. I, as your father, swore that as long as you were in my care I will protect you no matter what. Now that you are eleven, I am proud that you will attend my school and I hope you are in my house. Try to get some rest because tomorrow I will bring you to Diagon Alley to buy your new set of clothes for the school," Dad happily announces. He hands you one of his homemade sleeping potions to help me fall asleep. He gets up and tucks you into bed. Then kisses your forehead. "Just remember,-" he starts.

"I know, Dad, I love you," You say as he exits the room. You look at the little bottle of white liquid. "Peaceful sleep" You think, naming the potion. You take a deep breath. And chant;

When I take this bottle,
Grant me peace.
I hope that cheerful dreams,
Will meet my unease.
I long for rest,
I need to sleep.
Please give me hope,
And grant the answers I long to keep.

You then take the bottle open it and drink half and repeat the chant then drink the rest of it. You fall into a peaceful sleep only to be woken when sunlight hits your face. You waken to find a letter at your bedside table. It reads;

I'm sorry to leave you this morning I had to deal with personal issues, I tried to contact Rubeus Hagrid to take you to Diagon Alley but it seems he is currently taking care of the Potter boy. I have set up floo powder in the fireplace. Go to the Gringotts bank and take the ration of coins I left you to take. It's enough to get your supplies and food and your ticket. I hope I will be able to see you before I have to go back to Hogwarts for the first years feast. Here is a potion to help you get though the day with out fear and stress. USE IT WISELY even though I know you will, and if you have trouble show them this letter next to the one I addressed to you I love you,
your father.