Year 4-8

Edited May 9, 2017.
A/n: Yn=your name.

You nod your head numbly. You see Ron storm away. I have to talk to him, you think to yourself. You gently but firmly push Draco away and chase after Ron.

"Ron, I-"

"Don't! Don't you dare talk to me anymore. It's over!" Ron storms off.

"Fine! It doesn't matter how I actually feel," you shout over you shoulder walking back to the Great Hall. You spot Draco sitting alone and looking upset.

"Yn! I'm so sorry!" Draco says once he sees you. "I should've thought it through. I saw Ron and I just wanted to prove to him that I could love you better. I went on instinct. I was selfish! I'm so stupid! I didn't think about you! I didn't think about the consequences! I didn't think! I'm a disgusting piece of pureblood trash!"

"Draco! DRACO! It's fine. Ron is just someone who only cares for himself because no one else gives him attention. I just was the wrong person," you say.

"I'm an idiot! I should've waited!" Draco whimpers.

"Well I have to dance now so will you join me or complain about yourself?" You ask.

"I won't say no to my love," Draco says cheering up. He leads you on to the dance floor and you both dance the waltz. It was marvelous. You and Draco floated and soared around the floor. You smiled a genuine smile and melted into the music. Draco sees you smiling and grins to himself.

Once the waltz is over, Draco pulls you into a different and quiet room.

"Why are we here?" you ask.

"Because I love you and I want you to see something beautiful. Not nearly a beautiful as you, but its still beautiful," Draco says, pulling you to the balcony. It overlooks the Hogwarts campus and looked out onto the lake. Draco, sensing you were amazed, turned you to face him and kissed you. You heard faint booms in the background and break off to see fireworks exploding. It was as if the sky knew what you're feeling inside. You smile and kiss Draco again just to make sure you weren't dreaming.

"Just know I will always love you. I don't know what the future holds, but I know I'm certain of one thing," you say.

"And what's that?" Draco asks.

"I'll always be found next to you," you say.

"And I, next to you. I will be there to protect you. I won't let anything get in the way between us." you nod and walk back to the Yule Ball just as a band was playing Time Of Our Lives, your favorite song. You start to sing along:

"This is where the chapter ends,

A new one now begins.

Time has come for letting go,

The hardest part is when you know.

All of these years,

When we were here,

Are ending,

but I'll always remember,