Year 3-3

Edited May 9, 2017.
A/n: Yn=your name.

Once the school pulled into the Hogwarts station, you were greeted by the magically drawn carriages. You, Harry, Hermione, and Ron piled into the carriage and waited until it started moving.

"Harry, you okay?" You ask.

"Yeah-no. I'm not okay. Whatever those things were, I saw you getting hurt. I saw you being killed in-" Harry buries his face into your shoulder. "I will protect you, sis. No matter what. I vow to keep evil at bay."

"Harry, it's fine. I will protect every one I can." You reply. You see Hermione, holding Ron's hand as she tries to calm her nerves.

*Le time skip brought to you by Harry's sobbing*

You feel the carriage lurch to a stop as you see Hogwarts come into view. You see the hooded figure a floating around the school. Everyone was ushered into the building and into the Great Hall. You sit next to Draco as you spot him talking to some random Slytherin boy.

"Hey Yn, what's up?" Draco asks.

"Nothing, just thinking," you respond.

"About what?"

"What are those creepy hooded figures?"

"I think they are dementors. They guard Azkaban."

"Hmm. What are they here?" Draco was about to respond when Dumbledore stood up.

"Welcome students, I have one announcement. The dementors are here to guard the schools entrances and exits to prevent criminals from entering our school. Be not afraid, they are required to stay away from our students so you are all safe. Thank you." Dumbledore sits down and the feast starts. You have the sinking feeling, knowing the dementor things won't stay away from Harry or anyone whom they suspect. You'd have to do something. Draco was chatting about a fifth year girl he was crushing on and boasting about how he was going to ask her out. You just shake your head and vow to keep Midnight close to you and keep an eye on your brother and his friends.

*Le time skip brought to you by Draco's boasting*

You were walking with Draco to the Care of Magical Creatures. Harry was already there and struggling with the hideous monstrosity of the courses' textbook. You pull out your book and held it off at arms length. It was fighting the strap so you pin it against a rock and start scratching the furry bind. It's still was growling at you so you treated it like an angry dog. You undo the strap and hold out your hand in front of it or what you presumed it's nostril and keep eye contact. Midnight bounds up to it, sniffs it, and licks it. This makes the eyes close and fall back into the cover and the book falls open. You gingerly pick up the saliva covered book and walk to the semi-circle of students.

"All yer gotta do is ter tickle the book." Hagrid's booming voice rang out among the shrieking and yelping students. You showed the book to Hagrid and he smiles enthusiastically. He walks over to a hippogriff or what looks like a eagle crossed with a lion and a winged creature.

"This is a mighty fine hippogriff, Buckbeak. Who'll show the class how to deal with one." Hagrid looks round the students and singles out Harry. He takes Harry, tells him to bow, and soon enough Buckbeak bows to match eye contact and throws Harry in his back. They take off and soar away. When they come back Draco comes towards the hippogriff and smirks.

"Why you're a great ugly idiot. You must be so stupid that-" Buckbeak paws the ground and uses his beak to throw and pin Draco to the ground. He then claws Draco with his razor sharp claws and rips open Draco's arm. Draco is now shrieking that it's killed him, but then he sees you running toward the hippogriff.