King Saul Is Jealous

When David killed Goliath, Saul made David a general. He sent him out to fight many battles. Every time David returned from a war, he became more and more of a hero.

One time, when Daivd came back from killing many Philistines, a group of Israelite women gathered around him and Saul. they sang, "Saul has killed his thousands and David his tens of thousands."

This made Saul very angry and jealous. He thought to himself "David's already more popular than I am. Soon he may even try to take my kingdom away." From that day on, Saul was jealous of David.

Saul even tried to get David killed by sending him on dangerous missions. David just became more of a hero. One time, David was off fighting the Philistines. Saul's daughter, Michal, prayed he might return alive. She loved David very much. Because God was with David he did everything well. This time was no different.

When he came back wtih the proof of his killing, Saul grew even more afraid of David. David had the Lord with him, and Saul did not. The people loved David. They cheered whenever he passed through the city. David and Michal were married. Now David had the love of Saul's daughter to make him even stronger.