The Ark of God Arrives in Jerusalem

Jerusalem became David's royal city. He decided to bring the Ark of God to Jerusalem. Dsvid had his priests carry the ark on poles. This was the way God had told Moses the ark should be carried.

When the ark arrived in Jerusalem, the priests put it into a special tent David had made.

Then there was great feasting and dancing. Oh, what a party! David had put together a choir and orchestra. They played beautiful music for God.

The people praised and thanked God for all the good things He had done for them. They remembered what God had said to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. They told the stories of how God rescued them from the cruel Egyptians. They talked about how Moses and Joshua had led them into the promised land where they now lived.

The people danced and sang all day long. David danced the hardest, though. All the joy and happiness he felt at being God's chosen king, and having God's ark close by, just overflowed into his arms and legs. He bounced around, twisted and turned. He did somersaults and sang as loud as he could.

"Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad. Let the sea roar, and all that's in it! Let the fields be happy! Then the trees of the forest will sing. They will sing for joy before the Lord!"

David was very happy, but his wife Michal was not. Michal, who was Saul's daughter, watched from the window. "Why is David being so silly?" she thought to herself.

That night when she saw him, she told David she was ashamed of him. Despite their earlier love for each other, David and Michal were never close again. And Michal never had any children.