On the Way to Egypt

Later that day, one of Joseph's brothers had a terrible idea. Judah pointed at a caravan. "Do you see those slave traders? Let's sell Joseph to them. " Reuben was not there to save Joseph. He was out watching the sheep.
When the slave traders arrived, Joseph's brothers pulled him out of the well. The traders paid twenty pieces of silver for Joseph. They strapped him on to a donkey, then rode off across the desert.
When Reuben arrived back at camp, he bemt over the well. "Joseph," he whispered, "it's all right. I'll get you out tomorrow." Reubem still planned on becoming a hero. But he heard no answer. "Joseph!" he called out. Silence.
"Why are you talking to an empty well?" Judah laughed at Reuben.
"But, but, where is Joseph?" Reuben asked. "What have you done to our brother?" He grabbed Judah and shook him.
"Calm down," Judah said. "Here's your share." He gave two of the silver coins to Reuben.
"You sold him as a slave?"
"Yes. And by now our spoiled brother is on his way to Egypt." Judah grinned.
But Reuben knew how much Joseph meant to their father, Jacob. This news would break his father's heart.
The next day the brothers killed a goat and dipoed Joseph's robe into the blood. They went back home and showed the robe to Jacob.
Jacob cried out "My son's robe! Some terrible animal has killed him. Joseph must surely be dead!"