Miss Persia

King Ahasuerus sent out his most trusted men. They searched for the prettiest girls in the kingdom. Among them was the Jewish girl Esther.

Esther and the other young women were brought to the palace. There they climbed the front steps to their new home. They were given the best of everything, the most beautiful clothes and perfumes. Servants massaged them and fed them. They even dressed and put their makeup on for them. For an entire year the girls were treated like princesses.

While living in the palace, Esther made sure no one found out she was a Jew. This was something her cousin had told her to keep secret. Since Mordecai had always been like a father to her, Esther did as he said.

When the king's men took Esther to the palace, Mordecai had followed. Every morning for the next year, he paced the yard outside the palace. This way he could check on Esther.

When the year was up, it was time for the king to judge his very own beauty contest. Whichever girl won would become his new queen. Oh, the king enjoyed this very much indeed!

It was finally Esther's turn to meet the king. Everyone agreed, they had never seen a more beautiful young lady. Sure enough, the king said, "There is no one like Esther!" Lovely Esther was the new queen of Persia!