Saved by a Princess

God had heard the prayers of the baby's family. He had very special plans for that boy. The basket floated down the river. Then one of the pharaoh's daughters, a princess, chose just that moment to go for a swim.

The princess stood in the water. She laughed with her servants. The sun shone and the birds seemed to laugh with her. The princess splashed one of her maids. Soon the girls were throwing water, giggling and chasing each other.

Suddenly, one of the servants saw the basket. "Princess cone look what the river has brought us," she called. She carried the basket up to the shore and laid it on the sand.

"Ahhhh," the girls sighed. There, inside the basket, was a beautiful baby. He had kicked off his blanked and was crying.

"He must be a Hebrew boy," the princess said. She knew about her father's order to kill the Hebrew boys. That just made this baby all the more precious. "He"s so hungry, isn't there anything we can give him?"

Miriam had been watching and praying. She wanted the princess to save her little brother. Now she ran up to the princess. "I know a Hebrew woman who could feed him. Do you want me to get her?"

"Yes, once he's old enough to eat on his own, you cab bring him back to me." So the baby went back to his family. There his parents brother and sister all loved and took care of him. They thanked God for answering their prayers.