The Visit of the Queen of Sheba

Word of Solomon's wealth and wisdom spread far and wide. The queen of Sheba came from a land which is now called Yemen. This queen had heard of Solomon's greatness. She did not believe the stories. She came all that way just to test him and see for herself if the stories were true.

The queen travelled with many camels. They carried spices and gold and diamonds and rubies. When she arrived at Solomon's palace, she asked him every question she could think of.

The wisdom which God gave Solomon had stretched his heart and mind. He could see a problem from all the different sides and tell which was the right side.

The queen said, "What I heard about you was only half true. You're even wiser and richer than the stories claim!"

Then she gave Solomon many gifts of spices and precious stones. Never again would so many spices come into Israel at one time. There were cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, cloves, pepper and many, many other spices. All of these were rare and precious. She also gave Solomon great amounts of gold. King Solomon gave the queen of Sheba many special gifts as well.

Finally the queen said farewell to her friend. She returned to her own land, very far away. With her went the tales, even more fantastic than before, of Solomon's wisdom.