The Spies Escape

The Israelites spies looked around. They saw the woman standing on the other side of the room "I will hide you," she said. "Follow me"

   The Jericho woman led the spies up to the roof of her house she showed them where to hide. The spies waited until it became dark.

   When the king of Jericho had heard about the spies, he ordered his soldiers to search the city. Soon they reached the house where the spies were hiding.

   The soldiers entered the woman's house. When they questioned her, she told them, "Yes, they were here, but now they're gone. If your hurry, you can still catch them."

   the guards calttered out of the house They rushed out of the gate just before it closed for the night. Now no matter what, they could not come back in until the next morning. 

   "Quickly," the woman called to the Israelites "Quickly, now is your chance. Hurry and leave while the guards are gone."

   The two men climbed out of their hiding place "I know all about you people of Israel," she said "God is on your side. He blesses whatever you do. All the men in Jericho are scared to fight you.

   "If I help you escape, will you remember me and not harm me when you take Jericho?"

   "Our lives for yours," the men replied. "Yes, we'll save you if you help us get out of here." The woman nodded. Then she led them up another set of stairs.