The Second Ten Commandments

Moses pleaded with God to forgive the people of Israel. God said because Moses was the one asking, He would listen. Because God and Moses were friends, He would remember His promises to the people.

   Moses was best frineds with God. He asked God, "Show me Your ways." God told him that he would die if God let him see and learn everything there is to know about God. It would be too much.

   God did say, however, that Moses could return to the top of Mount Sinai. There God would pass by so Moses could see more of God. This would be the closest anyone had ever come to God!

   Moses could see more of God. This would be the closest anyone had ever come to God!

   Moses climbed back up the mountain. The Lord came down from the cloud to be with Moses. Moses fell onto the ground. God's glory was too great. Moses kept his eyes shut tight and said over and over again how great God was. Again he begged God to forgive the people and still make them His chosen children.

   God said he would. And then He made a great promise For the second time, Gold told Moses all the laws for the people. He promised to bring the people of Israel to the land He had told Abraham would belong to his children.

   God gave his rules and laws for the second time.  Moses chiselled out the stone and God wrote down the Law again Moses stayed up on the mountain forty days, just as He had the first time God gave him the Ten Commandments. 

   After the forty days were over, Moses climbed down the cliffs. He came back to the camp the people had kept their promise they had waited for him to return. They had been good.