Chapter 67

No one's POV

After the breakfast, Niklaus decided to reunite with Caroline, his siblings and Marcel in the mansion that they had so they could talk in private with no one, not even the maids or Klaus's minions.

In this kind of stuff, Niklaus was very suspicious and tries to be in much security as possible, he knows that the walls of the Quarter have ears and that people who work for him, can not tell what happens to the enemy but like to gossip to the other maids or minions.

He didn't like to take too many risks, specially because Caroline was in New Orleans and he didn't knew how he would survive if something had ever happen to her, he probably would blame himself for putting her in risk. Back in Mystic Falls, Klaus saw how Caroline's friends didn't gave her too much credit which he thought it was weird because she's smart and strategic and has always back-up plans like him, Caroline was always the bait, which for him it was good because he liked to hanging out with her, even if he knew that it was for her own initiative.

Caroline was nervous about this reunion because it would be the first real reunion. She talked with Niklaus about what she should do and asked for advices but it was with him, she was comfortable by talking to him and didn't care if she seemed silly because with him, she felt like it was okay to ask even the most stupid questions ever that he never made her feel bad about herself. She never felt like that not even when she was around with her friends, because they never heard her out, they just told her to be the distraction, she hated not have a important part in plan or her friends not care about what she thought about their plans. But even if she didn't like to admit, she liked to be Klaus's bait, it was a great excuse to talk with him and be with him without hear her friends judging her.

"Marcel, I need to tell you something before we all start to discuss about how we should handle New Orleans." Niklaus said and Marcel nodded to make him know that he was hearing him out. "How you know, Caroline and I are... Separated."

"Yes, I know about that. And I'm really sorry." Marcel said but Niklaus just nodded because he didn't like to talk about his feelings and show people that he wasn't as strong as people thought.

"Like I was saying, we decided that it was better people think that we are still together, the only people who will know that it is a lie it will be us and Camille. For people not doubt of nothing, we decided to make the bonding ritual and since last night that we are bonded."

"Wow! And how it feels? Doesn't matter, we talk about that later. Why did you guys do it if there wasn't anyone in there?" Marcel asked.

"Because people didn't knew that we had break up and Klaus is always suspicious even with his servants." Caroline said making everyone look at her and Marcel was a little shocked about how she said it because he is still not used to see someone talk like that about his adoptive father and don't get killed.

"I love how well you know me, love." Niklaus said with a smirk ignoring the insult that Caroline gave it to him.

"Well, I did get stuck in a prison with you for months..." Caroline said making Niklaus smirk because she has always the last word. He liked it, because he never knew anyone who had always the last word, at least with him, they were always too afraid and no one ever made an effort to get to know him or try to understand him, she was the exception. She didn't just try to get to know him, but she understood him and most important she loved him, he wasn't sure if she still had the same feelings but he could see that she cared about him.