Chapter 98

Caroline's POV

I was in the nursery seeing my beautiful prince and princess, I just put them in theirs cribs and stay there watching them sleep.

"Hello!" Nik said and I made a sign to not make a sound.

"I just put them down..." I whispered and he nodded.

"They are so beautiful. Just like their mother..." Nik said with a smirk.

"And their father." I said smiling and then I kissed him.

We went to the bedroom and I decided to tell him what was in my mind.

"What's troubling love?" He asked once he realized I was thinking about something.

"Just... Are you sure that this is a safe place for our babies?"

"Caroline, in the day you told me that I was going to be a father, I made 2 promises to myself. 1) I will always protect them and make sure they are safe; 2) I will be the best father I can be." He said making me smile.

"Henrik, Elizabeth and I are so lucky to have you in our lives." I said and kissed him.

"I'm the one who's lucky." He said making me smile.

*A month later*

"Ready for the big day?" Rebekah asked me while opening the door of the room I was in.

"I don't know. I'm nervous and are you sure that this is the perfect dress? Is my makeup too much?" I asked really nervous and looking at myself in a mirror.

"Caroline, you look beautiful. My brother will be speechless when he put his eyes on you and your makeup is perfect. You don't need to be worry." She told me and I gave her a small smile, then asked. "Are you ready?"

"Yes." I said and she smiled to me.

I went to where Enzo was it with a big smile on his face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him because he should be where everyone was.

"It's your wedding day and I'm not letting you walk to the altar without someone taking you and I feel that is my duty." Enzo said being the supportive friend he always been. He knew how much it hurt me not having my mom or my dad in this special day. "So... Are you ready?"

"I'm ready." Rebekah as the made of honor went to the altar making people know that I was ready.

From the sudden, the two big doors opened at the same time and the music starts to play, for how much I would like to see everyone, all I could see was my Nik, standing in the altar waiting for me to go to him. I could see how nervous he was but I also saw how happy he was, he had a big smirk on his face and his eyes were sparkling of emotion.

I walked over to him with a big smile and counting the seconds to be next to him and to be his forever. All I could think was from this moment Niklaus Mikaelson would be mine in the eyes of everyone and I would be the happiest women that exists.