Urge to protect

******** Good byes are said and the fight is continued.

MAYURI POV-

“Nnn. Itachi-kun…”

“I will let you be open; I know I normally make you hold your thoughts. Say whatever you need to.”

“…” I couldn’t say anything. Why couldn’t I say anything, I am getting this feeling where heart is disappearing, and there is a gigantic lump in my throat, my eyes hurt and it just felt different. Itachi-kun was patient though. He stretched his arms out for a hug so I went up and punched his stomach. He wasn’t expecting it so he flew back.

“You teme!!! Bakadesu… You two brothers always leave me. Stop! I hate you for lying to us all, and making me hate you at first but then leaving that stupid journal so I could find out everything you hid! It would have been so much better if I believed you were a horrible person. But then even when I found out the truth you still didn’t back down, you made it clear nothing was going to change, and let me tell you Uchiha it hurts so much! When I went to the Akatsuki I couldn’t trust anyone with my secrets but you! But now you’re leaving me hanging with nowhere else to be!” My voice cracked and I poked my finger hard to his chest.

“Now I am going to be here all alone. I have Daisuke but it’s no use if he can’t come out and help me. You were my only help Itachi… Now you’re going. Just like my family left me!.... But I can’t be mad at you; because I know what you’re doing is right. You want to make Sasuke feel like a hero, and that makes you a hero. You taught me so much and cared for me so much and I guess I am devastated you can’t stay for too long.  Thank you.” Itachi-kun smiled at me and kissed my cheek giving me a big hug. I snuggled in close to his chest and he stroked my hair.

“Sorry for saying some mean stuff.” I mumbled.

“It’s ok, I told you to be open and you did.” I smiled a little.

“Don’t forget anything I taught you Mayuri, you are worth it all. You can change Sasuke and you are responsible for your own life. You’ll find a way to get through it all I promise. You’re so strong though.” I looked back up at him and brushed myself off. As I was looking into his eyes I was captivated by eyes, his mangekyo sharingan was on.  A few moments later we were in my mind. It was just like when Sasuke and I knocked each other out back at Orochimaru’s base.

‘Welcome back. I see you brought a guest.’ Daisuke’s voice echoed.

“Daisuke… I do not know whether you know exactly who I am, but I need you to watch over Mayuri no matter what. Understood?”

‘Aye, don’t worry about me Itachi-sama. I will be sure to watch over her in any circumstance. You can count on me.’

“Very well, I will leave knowing you can handle this. Mayuri, use your Amugan to get out of this.” Itachi-kun ordered. “H-Hai!” I said as I saw Itachi-kun disappear from my mind. Daisuke, I need you to activate the eye. Once he did, I got out with a bleeding right eye. He deactivated it for me and Itachi-kun used his thumb to wipe the blood off.

“Ok it is time you head back; I will see you during the battle. I will let Kisame know to let you in with Sasuke. Do not interfere in the battle, zetsu will be there. Like I said when you first met him, stay away from him. Make you sure Sasuke doesn’t find out anything.”

“W-wait, why do I have to be there?” I asked frowning.

“I don’t know what Sasuke decides to do after the battle, hopefully he will go back to Konoha but he needs your guidance. Take this egg. During the battle I will use Susano, remember that move I taught you with your copied mangekyo sharingan? Once I do so, swallow the yolk in the egg… That’s all I have to say for now. You should go.” I nodded slowly turning away, getting that sad feeling again.