Fulfilling Wishes

******** The heroes of Konoha- Naruto and Mayuri.

MAYURI POV-

We arrived at the hideout, and Konan-chan was shocked. Naruto-kun had also just arrived and I saw Nagato pretty much attached to the wall, just like I saw him 3 years ago.

“Long time no see, Mayuri-san… I heard about your siding with Konoha, you also seemed to bring your monster along. Oh, and the nine tails himself.” Nagato-kun kept blabbering. So… Pein-kun is dead, isn’t he?

‘Yeah, Nagato-san is the one who controlled them.’  

“I just want to hear your story, I have some questions.” Naruto-kun said.

“Why should I tell you?”

“We want to know about the pain you went through, Nagato-san.”  I said trying to be respective, I wanted to get on his good side, after all he did a lot of damage to Konoha and to my loved ones, not ot mention he is probably angry I betrayed the Akatsuki. I wasn’t sure about Konan-chan but she is probably shocked. He explained how Konoha killed his parents by accident, and how he was to live in the streets with a dog, until Konan found him. So that’s how they met… I think I know what is after this. Yahiko and Konan took him in and they were best of friends, they met Jiraya-sama who taught them so much.

~~~TIME SKIP~~~

I have never actually felt much emotion towards Nagato/Pein-kun. After hearing his story I understood that he did have a rough life, everyone has gone through something in their life that feeds hatred deep within us all. That’s what makes us people.

“Nagato-kun… I am sorry. I am sorry for betraying you.” I said putting my head down. Nagato-kun said nothing, “I believe in what Ero-senin’s words, you can change anything if you try hard enough.” Naruto-kun said.

“You can trust us Nagato-kun, we will take the pain away from this village, and we will make the value the happiness they have. We’ll protect them from hatred, for Jiraya-sensei, Konan-chan, you, and Yahiko-san.” As soon as I said Yahiko-san’s name, I could see Nagato’s eyes light up as well as Konan-chan’s. She finally gave me a small smile.

“Even though it doesn’t seem like it, I can assure you we know pain. But when you do experience it, there are two options, you embrace it, or you make it better and demolish such feelings.” Naruto-kun said.

“That’s correct. I don’t know much about you Uzumaki Naruto, but I know about you, Mayuri-san… I know you have been through a lot of pain and that you are loyal. So I will trust you both. Uzumaki Naruto, and Kurochi Mayuri, the people need your help. Fulfill Jiraya-sensei’s wishes, and Itachi’s,” that got my attention.

“Gedo art of Rinne Rebirth,” Was he really going to..?

“Nagato-kun, don’t!” Konan-chan yelled.

“It could take your life away.” Daisuke informed.

“Konan, it’s ok. I have made a new decision; one that I have gave up on. Konan, tell Mayuri-san about this. I don’t think you will have to use it, but since you have the Rinnegan you should know.” Konan turned to me,

“This jitsu uses the eyes power to control both life and death.” She said.

“Aye! If the seventh Pein-sama uses too much of his own chakra he won’t make it!” Daisuke yelled, “Sshh.” Nagato-kun shushed.

‘What did you do?’ Dad? Was that you?

‘How did you do this?’ I didn’t, Nagato-kun did.