Look who it is

******** Today: Mayuri encounters something she thought she never would.

MAYURI POV-

I was walking around the Konoha training grounds early in the morning. I just realized how much I have missed this place. Even though I haven’t been here for quite some time I am glad it stayed the same. Since I am in the Akatsuki I am used to having everyone wake up early, I forgot how in Konoha I am the only one awake at all times. Hmm I would have visited Gaara-kun right now but.. oh yeah I kidnapped him -_-  Tsunade-sama was awake though. In fact, she told me to come in to her office. But she didn’t call me in for a ‘hey! How’ve ya been?’ conversation, she wanted to talk to me about the missing scroll in her office. Hehe oops. I might have stolen the ‘Hisory of the Kurochi’s’ scroll. But to my surprise she wasn’t that angry… The scroll wasn’t all that great. It is pretty much a lie. (You will get what she means by that in the future so please be patient!)

So I was just walking around and BAM a squirrel like randomly pops up!! So I’m like,

“Yo squirrel how you doin?”Even though personally I don’t like squirrels because they bite me, a lot, which is why I thought I could start fresh with their kind. You know, create a bond or friendship. The squirrel looked at me blankly and inched closer. Thinking it was being friendly I bent down and reached to bet it. But then all of a sudden it jumps up and strikes my nose like a cobra! I clutched my nose pain and I saw it was bleeding.  A dark aura arises and I shoot a glare towards the evil creature.  He blinks at me once again and makes a run for it at a nearby tree. Not too long does it take for me to go after it. I climbed to the mid part of the tree and he is one branch above me. When I looked up he was holding a giant acorn ready to drop. Where does a squirrel find a comedic sized acorn like that?!

“AHHH!!!” The squirrel dropped the acorn on my head and it sent me crashing down from the tree. I expected to hit the floor but instead I landed right on a something. From the groaning below me I suspect it is a person. I got off and helped a couple up. They looked so cute together, I would sa they are in their 40’s or late 30’s?

“Haii! I am Kurochi Mayuri, I don’t believe you are from here?” As soon as I said my name they looked pretty surprised.

“Yeah yeah I know I am a jinkchuuriki, and a mix of a Hasharima and Uchiha. No, I am not going to kill you.” Their surprised expressions turned almost confused.

“You don’t remember her?” The man asked. This time I looked confused.

“What do you mean?” The lady hit his head.

“How would she remember me? She was three at the time!” What the heck is going on who are that lady? Wait, she said I knew her from when I was three so I will just pull up my memory from then! My eyes are able to look back at a memory easily if I have a piece of that memory with me, and if I try to remember.

When I focused my eyes on her and I began observing her very carefully. I walked around the two in circles with a very concentrated expression. They looked kind of creeped out but I don’t care.

“Wait a minute…. Mom?”

“*Sigh* I thought she found out..” The man complained. The lady just observed me.

“No she found out part of it. Yes Mayuri it’s me. Your fake mom.” I knew it. I was raised by fake parents whom were hired to be my parents… I didn’t know she was still around. I thought she had to pretend for three years and that’s it. Anyways, my fake parents were hired for three years and then they were told to run away so I would believe that the ‘Kurochi clan’ has disappeared. I don’t know who else was in the pretend clan except for my ‘distant cousin’ that is completely not related to me. But by the scroll I read it uncovered a bunch of lies. My fake dad was killed during the Uchiha massacre (I know this is very confusing to understand but it’s important you read this chapter for the future when Mayuri talks about her family in depth.)

“So mom, or should I say Mira-chan… I see you got yourself a guy in your life you’re not forced to marry.” She only chuckled.

“Oh Mayuri, you grew up. You know I didn’t mean to harm you in any way during those three years. I only did what I was told-“

“Yeah I know, don’t worry I don’t care about that. By the way I prefer Mayuri-san.”

“Hai, Mayuri-san it is. Well I am glad you are doing fine now. You look beautiful.” I am not sure what came over me but it was almost like this was meant to be. I hugged her, I didn’t want to let go no matter what. I barely knew the women, she lied to me, and she left me in my own fantasy. But I didn’t care.

“M-Mayuri-san what’s wrong?” Realizing what am I doing, I pulled myself away and looked down.

“Sorry, it’s just I have been waiting so long for that. You are the closest thing I have ever had to a mother. Even for that short amount of time, even though it was all a lie. You still cared, deep down somewhere I know you did.  I couldn’t care less about what happened back then. Thank you for making feel like I could say I had a mother.” She smiled warmly at me and gave me a hug. Her lover coughed awkwardly.

“I know this is weird for you but if your wife was my pretend mom then I consider you my pretend dad. Even though Hitomi-san passed away.” Hitomi-san was my dad for hire, also known as the fake husband for Mira-chan. But now she is happy and has her own husband for real.

“Mayuri-san, I am sorry for lying to you, you were an innocent child and I shouldn’t have gone through with it. I have heard so much about you, you’re a powerful young girl who is dear to almost every village around here. You’re a hero!” I fake smiled because I know very well I wasn’t a hero. I am a villain in disguise. Why else would I be in the Akatsuki?

“MAYURI-SAN!!!! KIBA IS LOOKING FOR YOU!!” I heard Naruro call out. Crap, how long have I been here? They must be looking for me.

“I see you have to go, bye Mayuri-san I will see you around. I have to go pick some herbs to take back to the hidden mist. I hope I see you soon!” I hugged them both and ran off.

“Bye!!!”

******** I am so sorry to confuse you guys during this chapter. I knew I had to make this chapter one day so it is clearer in the future so forgive me. If you had no clue what the heck Mayuri meant by ‘fake parents’ you’re on the right track. Just remember this chapter because later in the story (like rally far in the story) it will be explained way better and in depth. If I did it now it would be a spoiler XD so yeah thanks for reading and sorry if the whole squirrel thing confused you even more. Don’t forget what happened in this chapter!! Till next time, READ VOTE COMMENT :P