Always hurt

******** Lawl, picking up where we left off last chappy

MAYURI POV-

I stood there appalled.  I had no words, what could I possibly say, my heart felt heavy within my small frame, my stomach twisted in the most painful of ways, head pounded hard against my skull and my eyes never left the man in front of me.

“May-san… aye.. please hear me out before you say anything.” Daisuke said trying to be calm, expecting me to erupt any second now. There was a brief moment of silence that gave me the opportunity to say what I wanted to say. However I did not take the chance because honestly I had no words.

“Mayuri-san, Kakashi-sempai and Gaara-sama told me to help them, I was against this idea at first. But… they convinced me after they explained how much they were worried about your safety-”

I cut him off by raising my palm towards his face, he stared at me curious as to what I was going to do next, and I simply turned around and swam away from him towards the house,

“Let’s go inside, you can explain there.”  I could tell that he used a water jitsu to catch up to where I was, he tried to help me out of the water but I ignored his attempt and kept my attention on the house ahead.

When I got in I went into my bedroom and dried myself off, I didn’t feel like showering just yet. So I just threw on sweat pants and a sweater I found. I let my hair be the way it was, wet and down.  Making my way to the kitchen I looked around to see if Daisuke was anywhere there, I am pretty sure he went to change himself.  As I waited I decided to make myself coffee and stay seated on the sofa with a woolen blanket around me.  A few moments later Daisuke came back wearing jeans and a white button up shirt, with his hair dripping from water.  His expression was sheepish but filled with guilt. I averted my gaze back at my coffee mug as I blew on it even though it wasn’t hot. There was more than just tension here, there was definitely a lot more going on here.

Right as Daisuke took a seat beside me I heaved a sigh and tore my gaze back towards him. He looked down fidgeting the hem of his shirt, nibbling on his lip. I cleared my throat and he immediately snapped his head towards me, his expression changed to a confident, determined look in a matter of seconds.

“Look May-san-”

“How did it happen?” I cut him off again.

“Aye, Kakashi-sempai knocked you out when after we saw him; it was easy considering you weren’t on high alert at the moment.” Well yeah duh, why would I be on high alert around Kakashi? My own father, who knew?

“Gaara –Sama  and Kakashi-sempai were discussing how it was important for you to stay out of this battle, it’s a battle to get the jinkchuurikis so they had to keep you and Naruto out of reach from Tobi and his subordinates. I knew it was wrong and I know you had something else in mind but after listening to them I knew it had to be arranged. We got Toshi safe with all the other shinobi kids.”  He continued. I didn’t get to process exactly what he said, all his words just brushed through my head, barely reaching an understanding.

“Where are we?”  I pushed, trying not to cuss.

“Um.. A land completely made from sand. The house is sand, everything is pretty much sand.. Gaara created it, Kakashi-sempai casted strong illusions on the place to make it seem like you were really in a different land, away from all the battles.” 

“Then what about you?”

“They told me that there was no way you would stay knowing there was a battle unless you really had to.  Sasuke was their idea, they knew you loved him and that you would want to be where he is no matter what, so I used a simple jitsu to transform into the baka.”  I took a deep breath in and chugged my coffee down before placing it in the table before me. I opened my eyes activating my amugan, I could easily see through the illusion, I could see the sand behind it all. I stood up, opened the door and looked around. The trees, river, everything, sand. It was all a lie. I felt Daisuke standing close behind me, just as he was about to reach out to my shoulder, I span around to face him shutting the door behind me.