You Can Make It If You Try

*
Cause you know sometime, sometime
You got to lose
You can make it if you try
They always told me
I could make it if I tried  
*

He was older in a hospital and sick, then death. The date had changed as well, which could only mean if Brian really succeeded he could have another chance. I was somewhat surprised that the vision had changed that fast, but I guess his death was an easy one to avoid if he did indeed changed a few things. I was still holding his hands and he was observing me. "You look different..."

"The vision... it was a different one, which can only mean that-"

"-there is still some hope for me?" He whispered and I nodded. He smiled and took me into a hug. "I was wrong, you're not a demon. You're here to save me..." I smiled a tad, it was nice for a change to feel like my gift was useful for once and not a curse.

"You have to save yourself, I can only help you." I said when he let me go. He was still holding me in his arms, but no longer hugging me. He nodded, but then seemed to realise that he was touching me and let me go.

He shrugged. "Sorry I didn't mean to touch you for so long."

"Actually it only affects me after every new touch, no matter how short it was."

"Makes sense I guess..." I laughed and I couldn't really see any more why I had been so scared of him. Deep down he wasn't such a bad guy and he even believed me. "Thanks." He said.

I frowned confused. "Why? I should thank you for everything. You rescued me, took me home and looked after me."

He shook his head. "Everyone would have done that. You gave me some hope and that was something I truly was missing..."

I sighed. "You believe me and that is something I never imagined happening."

He looked surprised. "I'm the only one who knows?" I nodded and coughed. "You better get more rest or Keith will have my head if he gets back. I think he likes you."

I shook my head. "Mick said the same thing, but we're just friends and I'd prefer just staying here, if that's alright? I think I've slept enough or I can't sleep tonight."

He nodded. "It's your choice... Well I'll make you another cup of tea and look for some blanket. You can turn the television on if you want. Oh and maybe I clean the mess up I made..." He disappeared before I could say anything to him. I really wanted to tell him something, but I guess it had to wait. He probably would return soon. In the meantime I turned the television on and moved over to the couch. There was some show I didn't really recognise, but I wasn't really the type to spend much time watching television a lot. I liked to have it on, same with the radio, it gave me the impression I wasn't alone, but most of the time I wasn't really paying attention to it.

"You're different." I said as Brian came back in with some tea and a blanket.

He frowned. "What do you mean?"

"You- I don't know... I mean you scared me the first time I met you. You were odd and not really friendly. Then you go saving me and now you're like the nicest guy around."

He sighed. "I was high and I am not really a happy person as you might have remarked... But again I don't just let somebody die... You needed help and there was nobody else around then me... "

"And you wished somebody would do the same thing for you?" He frowned. "Keith said something like that to me the morning after he had brought me home and I thought it made a lot of sense that people would do things for strangers when they deep down wished somebody would help them in the same way."