Fortune Teller

I went to the fortune teller
To have my fortune read
I didn't know what to tell her
  I had a dizzy feeling in my head  
 * 

"I thought you would perhaps visit me, but not that fast... You should go home." Keith said, but that was the last thing on my mind. I couldn't, not until I know for sure if they really were throwing Brian out or not. I knew they had problems and Brian had said that they preferred having him out, but somehow it had never sounded urgent or maybe it had just totally gone past me. I mean I had witnessed a few discussions, but wasn't that normal when you worked together? I argued with Ben too, but Mr Evan wouldn't just throw one of us out for it and furthermore it appeared rather cruel to me to throw Brian out, because this seemed like one of the only things that really mattered to him and I didn't want to find out how he would react if he lost the band... I had a strong suspicious how that was going to play out and that was something I definitely didn't want to happen even if I had no idea how I could prevent it. Keith and the others had no reason to listen to me. It was their band and I was just Brian's girlfriend.

"I need to talk to you," I simply said as he let me in and we sat down in his living room. I hadn't been in here since the first night we've meet them and it felt strange to be back here, where so much had started off... It nearly seemed like an eternity ago.

Keith offered me a drink, which I gladly accepted. It wasn't the first I had today, but I didn't feel less nervous at all. I had probably arrived at a point where not even alcohol could help me calm down, but I could at least still try... I drowned the glass as soon as Keith handed it to me. He looked a bit suspicious, but thankfully let it slide.

"So what do you want to talk about? You're surely not here to tell me off about before? I told you that was an accident," he said as he sat down with a glass of scotch in a chair opposite off me.

"No I really don't care about that, even if it isn't very fair to Ben, but that's their business."

"Alright, so how do I earn the pleasure of you visiting me? Let me guess you want to talk about Brian?" he said rolling his eyes.

I frowned, not understanding where Keith's sudden annoyance for me came from. "Did I do something wrong?" I wondered.

"Maybe I would rather talk to you about something else than Brian all the time."

"Keith-"

"Let's just drop this," he interrupted me, shaking his head. "You don't want to hear it and I don't want to talk about it, so what do you want? Believe me, I really have no idea where he is and he'll surely come back anyway. He always does stunts like this. Just go home, eat something and go to bed, because you really look like you could need that. I can even drive you home if you want."

I bid my lip. "No, it's not about that... Why do you want Brian out of the band?"

Keith sighed and took a sip out of his glass. "You know how he is. One day he does that the next this, we can't rely on him. Blimey he has just left everything behind, because you two had a row and believe me this isn't the first time he did shit like that... He isn't as drugged up anymore, probably thanks to you and he seems overall a bit better, but still this is going nowhere. This has been going on for too long and we can't use his bullshit anymore."

Keith surely had a point, but that didn't make this righter. There had to be another alternative than this. Mary was right, Brian wouldn't take this well and I couldn't just let that happen. No matter what stood between us, this was the original reason I was with him. I had to help him get his life in order to save him from his fate and him losing the band surely wasn't a step in the right direction. "You can at least give him some time, Brian is really trying and this won't help him at all, Keith. He needs this and you can't just throw him out of his own band. He-"