Get Off Of My Cloud

He says, "It's three a.m., there's too much noise
Don't you people ever wanna go to bed?
Just 'cause you feel so good, do you have
To drive me out of my head?"
I said, Hey! You! Get off of my cloud 
*

Mary was still there when Brian came back and neither me nor her could believe our eyes. He probably had bought more clothes than I had owned in my whole life put together. It was like Christmas for Mary and I think even Brian was a bit overwhelmed by her. She looked through everything and commented on them and asked if she could lend a few things. I just shrugged and Brian just stood there a bit dumbfounded, but he probably didn't realise that Mary had actually saved him. If I had been alone and he had come back with all this stuff, we surely would have argued again. With her here I just shrugged it off.

She made me try everything on and she did as well. It really was fun, even if I wondered how Brian had gotten my size right. I shrugged, I suppose it was rather easy considering I was rather average. I had no real figure or anything nor was I really skinny, even if the trend seemed to go that way. I hadn't bothered. I needed to work and therefore I needed some muscle and not just skin and bones. Mary was more following the fashion. She was skinny with long legs and knew how to show them off. Her dark-brown hair was always on point, like her make-up too, even if she only went to buy milk, she looked perfect. At first I had thought, she held appearance so high and well she did higher than me at least, but her mother was far worse. She was heiress by job and for her the way you look made you the person you were. Mary had distanced herself a bit from that way of thought, but she couldn't shake it off completely. She still had a high need to dress accordingly.

Sometime during the fashion show Mary had opened some of Brian's wine and we were drinking, laughing and just having fun. It really was nice to be back where we once had started at, after the last troublesome weeks. Brian didn't say a word just drunk with us and observed us. I wondered what he was thinking, but asking him just felt wrong. Later on he took us out to eat something and still it was mostly Mary talking, even though she probably asked Brian 100 questions, he didn't talk much.

After the dinner we decided to part ways and Mary hugged me and Brian. I got a strange combination off Mary's and Brian's death, but I didn't care. I was just happy and couldn't see why I had wanted to run away or to jump. My life wasn't perfect of course and I probably would always see deaths, but as long as I had people with me I liked, it wouldn't be so bad.

Brian wanted to drive Mary home, but she refused saying we already had done enough for her and that she still needed to do a few things. We bid her goodbye and drove home. It was strange to think of Brian's house as home, but I supposed this is what it was going to be. Helping Mary made me realise that I couldn't just sit around and be bitter all the time, because of my visions. Other people had problems too and I couldn't just turn a blind eye on them, because it was easier. Helping Mary had been simple, but no matter how hard it was going to be I was going to help Brian. He owned a second chance.

"I was wrong about your friend." Brian said as we entered his house. "I thought she was just using you, because she couldn't find somebody better, but she really likes you and you're much more caring than you let on. You don't want to grow close to people, because you don't want to end up hurt, but you're actually a quite caring person." I was a bit surprised by his words. I never had thought about it like that and it was definitely not how I would describe myself. "I'm glad I found you." Before I could reply, Brian disappeared upstairs and the next time I saw him, was when he lied down next to me in bed.

Sunday, I visited Mary in my old flat and helped her with her stuff. She told me that her parents weren't very happy with her choice, but she didn't mind their disapproval, because she was happy and that was all that mattered. I spent the whole afternoon with her. Brian wasn't home anyway and I saw no the point on waiting for him alone at home, when I could live my own life. He had left in the morning and he had neither told me when he was back nor where he was going to.