Out of Time

Alright,
I said, baby, baby, baby, you're out of time
*

A.N: This was originally planned as 2 chapters, but they would have been a bit short, so now you get 2 for 1 very long one... & you get 3 A.N. as well. ^^" Enjoy~

The minute it took Brian to answer my question felt like an eternity. It agitated me and worried me at the same time. Seeing him take a deep breath and biting his lip send my head spinning and let my imagination run wild. What had happened last night? I couldn't recall much after we had left the party and my visions had started acting up again. At some point I must have blacked out and dreamed whatever that vision/meeting was, but what had been going on in the reality while I was off, I didn't know. Judging from Brian's worried expression, it hadn't been anything good.

"I nearly lost you..." was all Brian finally mumbled as he hugged me even closer and probably pushed the last bit of air out of my lungs. "Can you imagine how I felt... fearing I might lose you? Can you?" he whispered softly with a desperate edge. I still couldn't breath, though I wasn't sure if it was from his hug or his revelation that he knew what I had done.

"I am sorry, but I- it was for the best! I needed-"I started off, but Brian just interrupted me by pushing me away from him.  My body froze up by the sudden action and I just stared at him.

"No, Charlie! I didn't want you to have any more visions! I just wanted my wife to be fucking alright and enjoy what I have left of my time with her! I hope you didn't plan this-" his voice wavered for a second out of anger and I paled, fearing Brian might discover the truth. "You nearly died! And for what?" He snorted. "To have some more visions? Where I'll die anyway? Can't you just let it be!"

I trembled. Enraged, a bit at his lack of understanding. "Let it be? And what let you die? I love you, you oaf! And you didn't- "

"Oh, so you're allowed to throw your life away for me?" He was definitely yelling now. "But I can't want to keep you safe? Charlie, you nearly died yesterday! Do you think I'd want that?"

I didn't say anything. Brian had a point, my behavior had been quite reckless, though I assumed the nearly dying part was an overreaction. 

"You don't believe me," Brian stated, sensing my disbelief most likely. I wavered. Brian might indeed tend to overreact on occasions, but I indeed had no idea what had happened yesterday after I had lost consciousness and had met my "father".

"What happened yesterday?" I asked anew. Again Brian bit his lip, but it seemed more out of guilt this time.

"Your drink was spiked..." he mumbled.

"I-I figured as much," I answered relieved that Brian wasn't really suspecting me nor Keith. If he ever discovered the truth, it would only cause more tensions and problems, neither of us could afford. "What happened then? I remember we were leaving?"

Another deep breath and Brian avoided my eyes. He looked at my hand, which he then took in his. Again or still there was no vision, but in that moment the missing visions weren't my priority.

"You-I- I was trying to get you home, but then you fell and hit your head and..." his voice broke off for a second and I sucked in a breath. I thought my head hurt, because of the drugs, so I hadn't questioned it any further. "there was so much blood. I-I thought you.."

... had died, he wanted to say, but couldn't. His anger had fully disappeared and had made room for his sadness and perhaps guilt once again. I felt awful too. Not because of my headache, but because I had put Brian through his. His misery was alone my fault... 

"But I'm fine," I tried to reassure him and pressed his hand, but it only worked to a degree. Brian looked up and I had no idea how I hadn't noticed his tired eyes up until now. He had probably stayed awake the whole time... waiting for me to wake up.