Connection

*
All I want to do is get back to you
Connection, I just can't make no connection.
But all I want to do is to get back to you.
Everything is going in the wrong direction.
*

Brian hugged me as soon as he saw me. Old. Sick. Death. I sighed relieved, that was the first good news I had today, but I supposed he was simply happy to see me. When he let go of me, I noticed that he had a black eye, Keith had said that he had been in a fight, but somehow seeing him with a shiner made it so much more real... Without a second thought I brushed over it gently and I saw him flinch. Somebody coughed and I looked away from Brian and stopped touching his face. Mick was standing a bit aside somewhat awkward, but I assumed from what I had heard, he probably felt bad for yelling at Brian, when his reaction was even if exaggerated understandable.

Keith laughed. "You look awful and I thought Charlie, here was the one who went through hell."

Brian didn't say anything, but I could feel his eyes on me and I started to feel a little uneasy. "Well we didn't really sleep or anything..." Mick replied. "Eh... are you alright?" he asked me.

"A bit tired." I answered. "But beside that I'm fine."

"Well I'm sorry for what happened. John can sometimes be an idiot, but I didn't think he would do something like this..." He sounded even more awkward than he looked, which was quite surprising considering the shows he put up on stages, that he could feel embarrassed about something.

I shook my head. "It's not your fault and I probably shouldn't have accepted the drink... I think I'm too trustworthy when alcohol is involved."

Keith and Mick smiled a bit at that. Brian didn't even react. He was still holding me and not saying a word, which made me really uneasy and I felt a huge urge to get away from him, but I knew I just couldn't, especially not after everything that happened. I probably had hurt his feelings enough for today... He didn't need me to push him away anymore for the moment. "Did John at least get what he deserved? Or was Brian the only one who got punched?" Keith asked.

Mick laughed. "If I had known what John had done, I wouldn't have stopped Brian, but well that way he only got maybe one or two punches in until me and some others pulled him off... Still Lennon had a bloody nose. He probably didn't see that coming."

"Pity I wasn't there..." Keith mumbled.

I shook my head. Men! There had been no need for any violence at all. Of course I wasn't happy with what John had done, but it was surely no reason to beat him up, especially when he only had done it for a laugh. I mean he hadn't meant any harm and Brian's eye didn't look good either... This hadn't been necessary- I stopped my line of thoughts there. How had John punched Brian if he was too surprised? I frowned. "And your eye?" I asked Brian.

"Mick..." He whispered, still clinging to me like his life depended on and I guessed from his view it probably did.

"Yeah sorry about that... I suppose..." Mick shrugged. I rolled my eyes. Really? Was that everything he had to say to that? He had punched Brian and he supposed he was sorry? Even if it probably did look worse than it was, still Brian shouldn't have beaten up anyone for me or even get beaten up, because of me. I wasn't worth that much trouble and Brian had already enough with his band mates without any added.

I sighed. "Well at least now everything's alright... I know you only arrived, but I would love to go back home and maybe sleep for another hour or two..."

"Back home?" Mick asked, sounding confused. "Oh you mean Brian's! Well it's the least thing I could do and you're probably right I wouldn't mind some sleep as well. I guess I'll see you later Keith." Mick said and Keith nodded.