Suprise! (Tom)

You would think lying in the arms of the man you love will help you go to sleep, right? Wrong. I can not sleep tonight. I feel safe, I am comfortable, I am warm, I am perfectly fine, but I still don't know why I can not go to sleep. Maybe it is because of the burning thing inside me... perhaps, the growing thing inside me.

A baby.

Loosening myself from Tom's strong arms, I get up from the bed and walk into the bathroom. Turning on the light, I quickly notice the small growing baby bump. Lifting my nightshirt up, I rub my hands over my rounded stomach and smile with sad eyes. The doctor said I'm about eight weeks along... I have nothing against having a child, but how am I going to tell Tom? He always talks about having a family, but I just... I just don't know how to tell him.

"(Y/n)?" I hear behind me, too lost in thought to even notice Tom had woken up. I instantly turn around, my hands still on my stomach, and Tom looks at me strangely. "What's the matter, love? Does your stomach hurt?" He asks concerned. He walks closer, placing his hands over mine, and asks "Is it your period?" "It's now or never." I think to myself. "Tom, I won't be having my period for the next seven months." I say, trying to drop the hint. "What?" He asks confused. "Tom," I say, bracing myself.

"I'm pregnant."

"What?" He asks again, this time blinking a few times trying to comprehend the information. Before I know it, Tom is grinning and squeezing me in a hug. "This is amazing, love!" He exclaims, happy beyond thought. I quickly smile as happy tears run my cheeks. He places his hands previously where they were and stares at the small bump with love overflowing his now glossy eyes. "We finally get to have a family. Me and you," Tom says, looking up at me with same eyes. "The person I've always dreamed of having a family with." He says, connecting our lips together like two puzzle pieces. "I love you so much, Tom." "I love you too, (Y/n)." His hand on my stomach goes in a circle and he says "I love you too, baby."