Messages (Tom)

Trying to sleep, I find myself being kept awake by the light of the computer and storm that raged on outside of my apartment. Sighing, I lay deeper into the couch and cuddle my head against the pillow, wanting to fall asleep. As I lay there, comfortable in the cushions and blankets on me, I find myself falling asleep only for another clap of thunder to strike. In response, I jolt fully awake and accidently cause my laptop to slide out of my lap. I quickly catch it, letting the surge of adrenaline pass over me before placing it back on my lap. Releasing a breath I was holding in, I look back at my laptop screen and resume what I was doing: typing.

A few minutes pass as loud thunder strikes all around me before a message popping up at the bottom of my computer screen distracts from me the bad weather. Darting my eyes toward it, I open the message up and break into a smile upon seeing that it's a message from Tom. Clicking on the icon, my smile turns sweet as I read his message.

"I saw there were storms near our apartment. Are you alright?"

I quickly respond back.

"Yes, I'm fine :) The power has gone out a few times, but overall, everything is under control... in a way lol"

After pressing send, a sad smile takes over my lips as I type another message.

"I miss you a lot."

A message is quickly sent back.

"I miss you a lot too! You do not even know how much I miss you!"

I chuckled at his message.

"You only have three more weeks of filming and then you get to come home. If I can wait three weeks, you can too :)"

"I knoooooooooooooww, but I really want to be back home! I want to enjoy more of our lunches we have and those times when you tell me about your book that you're writing. I miss you and everything you do."

Tears brim my eyes at his message just before another message pops up below it.

"I miss everything about you."