Two Little Trouble Makers (Loki)

Stuck in bed with a cold, I run my hands across my blanket covered stomach and feel steam reach my nose. I sneeze for the thirty-third time today and lean my head back against the headboard. "Darling, drink your tea," Loki says, placing the tea cup in my hands. He places his hand on my stomach and smiles. "You little mongrel. Stop making mommy sick." I chuckle and smile warmly before drinking my tea and watching as Loki's face changes emotion as our baby girl kicks hard against my swollen belly. Loki's face goes from confused to weirded out in a matter of seconds. "Does she kick this hard regularly?" He asks, looking up at me with concerned eyes. I nod and take another sip of my warm tea. "Put both your hands on her and see what happens." I say. He does so and she starts moving around.

"Oh my gosh. What is wrong. What is the baby doing. WHAT IS THE BABY DOING?!" He says, his pitch getting louder with each sentence. I laugh and place my hands on top of his. "She's just moving around, Loki." I explain. "I shall fetch Mother Frigga!" He says, before dashing out of the room. "The hell did I marry?" I ask, laughing afterwards.

Loki soon comes back with Frigga and she smiles at me. "How are you doing, daughter?" She asks, her usual cheeriness in her voice. "I'm fine. She's a little jumpy today and it's causing me to be rather cold, but overall I am quite well." I say, rubbing my belly at the mention of coldness. She giggles and says "Well, that's very good," She holds her hands above my stomach and looks up at me. "May I?" I nod and she places her hands on my stomach while closing her eyes. "Loki, the two girls are just moving around." Loki and I both look at each other with wide eyes and say "Two girls?!" Frigga smiles and nods before going back out of the room, leaving me and Loki to think about what we were just told.

"Two little girls..." I say, slowly looking down at my stomach. Loki sits beside me on the bed after taking his armor off and changing into his sleepwear which is just rest pants. He lays me against him before I cuddle up to him. "Two little trouble makers." He says, wrapping an arm around me and using the other to feel my belly. They both kick extremely hard and I jolt up, placing a hand to my stomach. "I don't think they liked that." I say, referring Loki's nicknames for them. Loki chuckles and lays me back against him while saying "I'm sorry, darling." Smiling, I lay closer against him and he cuddles me closer to him.

"Are you tired, my dear?" He asks, looking out the window. I nod and close my eyes as I feel Loki's soft and warm lips press against my forehead. "It is late so we need to rest; especially you. I hope your cold is gone by morning." Loki pulls the blankets up and over us and claps his hands, making all the lights dim out. "Good night, my king." I say, kissing his bare chest. Loki smirks and says "Good night to you as well, my queen," He kisses the side of my head before scooting downward in the bed and facing my stomach. He lays two light kisses against it before saying "And goodnight to my two princesses."