The Bakery (Loki)

"Well, since it is your punishment here on earth, we should make it worth our while." Natasha says as they all look at Loki. "What are you going to make me do? Work?" Loki asks, smirking. "You know, I know a girl-" "Is this one of your many 'girls'?" Clint cuts Tony off. Tony immediately shakes his head and says "OH, NO. This girl is SUPER classy and very old fashioned. She won't even let me give her a kiss."

This makes Loki listen more. A girl refusing Stark? It seems almost impossible. This makes Loki want to meet her.

"Anyways, as I was saying, this girl I know owns a bakery down the street and she works by herself. She's the one that makes the really good croissants with the sweet cream cheese in the middle." "Those are the best." Bruce chimes in. Tony smirks and looks back at Loki. "Well then, I guess it's settled. You'll be helping out at (Y/n)'s bakery."

One hour later
(Y/n)'s POV
"Lola, get down from there." I say as the green eyed black cat I call my own looks down at me from the top of the shelf. Her green eyes speak 'trouble' and her tail sways back and forth. The oven dining brings me out of the staring contest with the malicious cat and I quickly walk into the kitchen, taking the vanilla-caramel cupcakes from the oven as quick as I can before placing the baking pan on a cooling rack to cool.

The bell on the door chimes, signaling someone's come into the bakery/café. "One minute!" I yell, untying my apron from around my neck. "It's just me, (Y/n)!" I hear back. I quickly recognize the man as Tony Stark: my biggest and most known customer for being here. He always pays for me to make the baked goods at each of his parties. Not to mention the numberless times he ordered a hundred cream cheese croissants for breakfast.

Loki's POV
"This is stupid." I mutter. "Oh, (Y/n) is alright. You'll like her." Tom says. A beautiful midguardian woman then walks through the door and smiles. Upon seeing me, she stops and seems amazed.

"Whoa. He is HOT." She thinks to herself.

I smile at her as Tony says "(Y/n), I have brought you a new worker. His name is Loki-" "I can introduce myself." I inturrupt him. Tony waits a few moments before speaking. "He's a bit feisty."

(Y/n) laughs and says "Well, I'm (Y/n). Welcome to my bakery-slash-café," I smile back at her before a black cat jumps onto her shoulders, causing (Y/n) to chuckle.

"And this is Lola," She introduces the back furred Feline. She then faces the feline with a smirk. "Finally decided to come down from the bookshelf?" She asks it. I chuckle, making the cat dart it's eyes at me; they're green just like mine. It waves it's tail before jumping back onto the bookshelf. "Anyways," she then leans forward, smirking. "You ready to work?"

Two months later
(Your POV)
"Loki, I really have to hand it to you. You've been working a lot harder and better compared to when you first started." (Y/n) says, handing me a cup of tea. I smile at her. "Thank you, love." I thank her. She hides a blush before sitting next to me and nuzzling into my side as I resume reading my book.

(Y/n) and I have become quite fond of each other. Needless, I'm attracted to the beautiful and caring woman, but I think she only likes me as a so-called friend. Brother Thor tells me different, but I don't know. I could use magic to find out or read (Y/n)'s thoughts to see.

The bell chiming on the door brings me out of my daze, making both me and (Y/n) stand from the couch. "Sorry, we're closed." I say, standing beside (Y/n). A man walks through the door; (Y/n) and I both instantly recognize him as her ex-boyfriend. I quickly wrap my arms around (Y/n), protectively, causing (ex/bf/n) to chuckle.

"I see you found yourself another man. To hell with you both then." He says before spitting on the floor next to (Y/n). He quickly rushes out the door, making (Y/n) almost break into a panic attack. That boy (I dare say man because he was no man) was so abusive towards (Y/n), she can't dare to see him or be near him. I found this out when we were cleaning the kitchen one late night, just talking.

I quickly pull (Y/n) to my chest where she quietly sobs. "Darling, it's okay," I assure her. She looks at me with glossy (e/c) eyes. "He's just a stupid prick who didn't and still doesn't deserve you. Do you hear what I'm telling you?" She nods and breaks into a smile.

Something clicks in (Y/n)'s mind as she stares at my face for a few more seconds before inching closer to my face as I do the same. We do this until both of our lips connect in a tender and loving kiss. Our lips move together in perfect unison while we both smile and hold each other close. As I hold (Y/n) close by her waist, she holds me close by lower back. When we separate from our kiss, we both smile at each other while quietly laughing.

All of a sudden, a loud scream erupts making both me and (Y/n) look at each other with wide eyes. "WHERE'S LOLA?" We both ask each other. We then quickly run outside, only to find (ex/bf/n) running around with Lola clawing at his head. (Y/n) and I both laugh before (Y/n) leans over to me and says "I think you and that cat have a lot in common." "How so?" I ask back, the scream of (ex/bf/n) right behind my question. "Well, you're both vindictive. You both have black hair and green eyes. You both are very protective over me. Plus, you both love the bookshelf." I chuckle and hug her from behind.

"Not to mention that we both love you."