Bathing Suits (Tom)

"Thirty-three degrees Celsius outside," I say to myself with a sigh as I slip on my bathing suit; a white one piece with only one shoulder with ruffles. "And it is a perfect time... to swim," I finish, sliding the only strap over my shoulder. Once I have the bathing suit fully on, I look at myself in the mirror.

I've always been told that you shouldn't wear one pieces when you have a bigger waist or stomach, but as I got older, I started thinking that maybe I shouldn't wear bathing suits at all. It never helped my confidence that barely any stores sold suits that flattered my figure. Still, Tom managed to persuade me into buying one, and I have to admit, it's cute. However, it's still a bathing suit, and I still lack the confidence I need to wear it with a smile.

Wrapping a towel around me, I walk out of the bathroom and begin walking to the backdoor. It's almost as if every step I take makes a worry pop up. Tom has never seen me nude, nor has he seen me in anything short or revealing. I haven't found a way to be comfortable in front of him in such things, so today is a breakthrough for me and our relationship together. Although, I still can't help but worry the entire time.

What will Tom think about my thick thighs? What about my big upper arms? What about the fat poking out at the sides? What will he say to me entirely? I have to admit... I'm a bit scared.

Taking one last breath of courage, I slide the backdoor open and walk out onto the patio, Tom greeting me with his classic grin that makes my heart melt. "Ready to swim, love?" He asks, standing from his outdoor lounging chair. Lowering his sunglasses, his smile turns more into a smirk, leaving me curious. "You look absolutely amazing, darling."

Now blushing, I thank him with a smile and walk with him toward the pool. He's the first one to jump in while I settle down by the pool with my legs in the cool water, laughing at my goofy boyfriend. Upon rising from the water, Tom places his hands on either side of me, water dripping down his face with his skin now glistening in the sun from the water.

Smiling at me, he blinks a few times, trying to get the chlorine out of his eyes. "Aren't you going to join me, love?" He asks, eyebrows furrowed a bit. I smile back at him, leaning down to kiss his forehead. "In a minute, sweetheart," I tell him. "I'm just relaxing a little."

As he dives back under, purposely splashing water at me, I begin thinking. I didn't expect a complement from Tom, yet, I still got one. Tom makes me feel better about myself every day and I don't think he realizes it. Even in my hardest moments where I practically hate my own body, Tom makes me feel like the most amazing creature that ever set foot on this earth. Plus, for him to see me in such a vulnerable light and still manage to make me feel good, it's practically unbelievable.

With a smile, I tug the towel from my shoulders and slide into the water, Tom quickly rising up to greet me. "Glad to know you decided to join the party!" He jokes with a small chuckle as he slides his arms around my waist and pulls me close. "Did I tell you that this one was my favorite when we bought it?" He questions, referencing to my bathing suit.

My cheeks dusted pink, I smile bashfully as I rest my arms on Tom's shoulders. "No," I answer him. I kind of got the idea at the store when he kept mentioning how he liked the color and "cute decorations." Thinking of that day makes me smile even more, and as I do so, I go back to my previous thoughts.

"But have I ever told you that I love you?" I ask, tilting my head to the side as I gaze into his bright eyes. Tom only laughs at my question, our bodies gently swaying in the water.

"All the time, love," He points our, pushing a lock of my now wet hair back behind my ear. "Why bring it up out of nowhere?" He asks.

"Just wanted to make sure you know that," I tell him before kissing his lips. However, I know he will never realize how much I love him. "Because I do love you." I assure him. He smiles more, leaning in closer to my face.

"I love you too," Tom murmurs, his final words making me gently laugh as soon as he's done speaking. "And you will never know exactly how much I truly love you."