Extra 23: July 4th Party

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAPTAIN AMERICA!" Cisco exclaimed as we walked into the cortex.
      "Nerd," I said to him before sticking out my tongue and earning a giggle from him.
      "We have some things we need to do....." Cisco said before pulling out all sorts of patriotic decorations from under the horseshoe computer table. "PARTAY!" he exclaimed, throwing confetti in the air.
      "Save that for later. I was actually going to invite you over to Barry and I's for a party." Cisco put his pointer finger in the air to ask a question and I knew what he was going to ask before he said it:
      "Yes Cisco, there will be a slushy waiting and there will be plenty of food."
      "Yes!" He exclaimed.
     "Clothing is whatever and you don't have to bring anything. It's just family and friends. Starts at 6."
      "Okay," Caitlin and Cisco both said before Barry and I left. We headed to Wal-Mart to get food and supplies.
      "I'll read you off the list: hotdogs, hamburgers, buns, pickles, salad, cheetos, Pringles, coke, Fritos, cheese, and sparklers. Got it?"
     "Yup," Barry said. We got everything on the list and of course, little toys or accessories that Barry threw into the cart. We paid for the groceries and drove home.
I had my phone on aux to try to block out some of the noise Barry was making with the toys he got. The song Heathens by 21 Pilots (This song is my jam. I've been listening to it non-stop) came on and I was jamming out until Barry threw down the toys and sang the chorus with me.......but more like yelled it:
     "ALL MY FRIENDS ARE HEATHENS, TAKE IT SLOW......." we sang out. When the song was over Barry spoke:
      "Are you surprised I knew that song? That type of music isn't really my thing but I've been using youtube when you're not home." Without saying words I ran my hand through Barry's hair and continued to drive home.
      The party was a success. I invited Caitlin, Cisco, Iris, Joe, and Wally over and we had a great time. We played many games and had lots of fun. As promised, Cisco got his slushy. We danced around and sang to the music that played and we told many jokes and stories. We drew our names in the air with sparklers (My favorite thing to do with sparklers) and we danced around the grass. We finished the night off with a fire and roasting marshmallows. I laughed when Barry fit his entire marshmallow in his mouth and when Cisco was freaking out because his marshmallow caught fire. Our friends even stayed to watch the fireworks with us and when they left, Barry and I had the best Fourth Of July ever.
-------------------------------------------
Here's my late 4th of July short. I hope you all had a good July 4th and more shorts are coming. We are so close to 9K and 22K and THANK YOU SO MUCH! I hope you enjoyed this short and i'll see you in the next short! -Flashette1