Extra 75: Best Friends

Thank you for 42K! Enjoy!
-------------------------
I sat on the bus, awaiting the arrival of my friend.
        I smiled as he made his way up the bus stairs and joined me in the first seat. We made small talk before the bus got moving and we were also chatting with my other friends sitting behind us.
"If anything, I'd rather sit with her. She's my buddy, she's my best friend," Barry said to my friends behind us. I smiled at the thought of him calling me his best friend and he opened his arms. At first I was confused and thought it was some kind of joke, but when I realized he was serious I wrapped my arms around his torso and gave him a hug.
      You'd think it would have been awkward after that, but it wasn't. It actually was like it never had happened. We had just played it off.
       By that time the bus got moving and we were on out way home. I had snuck one of his earbuds and we jammed to Fall Out Boy's "I Don't Care," "What a catch, Donnie," "America's Suitehearts," and Panic! At The Disco's "Miss Jackson" before he got off. I waved him a goodbye and turned around so my back was against the window. I then put my own earbuds in my ears and reflected on the day and everything that happened. I knew he wouldn't remember, but I would always.
---------------------
Here's another short for you. More are in the works and will be up soon. I hope you enjoyed and I'll see you in the next short!   
-Flashette1