Extra 149: Fallin' All in You

I walked into our shared home after taking the babies for a stroll, noticing the lights were dimmed and candles were lit along the hearth. Pots and pans were banging in the kitchen, and I could just barely see Barry pacing around the kitchen.
     "Barry?" I asked, walking the babies down the hall and placing them in their cribs. I then walked down the hall to see Barry placing rose petals and fancy cutlery along the dining table.
     "What's this?" I asked, looking up at him. He didn't hesitate to look back at me, but answered, continuing to fancy up our living space.
      "You'll see," he replied, speeding into the kitchen. He then carried plates, silverware, and other tableware to the table before pulling out my chair and motioning me to sit down. I placed a strand of hair behind my head as I walked over to the chair slowly and sat down. Barry then dimmed the lights even more and lit another candle, placing it between us on the table. He then came in with a tray and two glasses, which he filled with red wine.
     "What's all this, Bar?" I asked as he sat down and placed his napkin on his lap. He looked up at me with his signature smile.
     "For you," he replied, taking my hand, stroking it with his thumb. "For continuing on when I couldn't...For giving me love, family, happiness, all this," he motioned to our house. "We haven't had much us time since I got back, and I thought we could use a little of that," he replied, lifting off the top to the platter to reveal the most romantic dish: Barry's spaghetti and meatballs. I looked up at him with a smile as he placed a scoop perfectly on my plate and placed a meatball ontop.
    Throughout the meal, it was exactly how imagined it being: a combination of Barry's dorkiness and hopeless romantic personality. But it was even more beautiful than anything. Getting to see Barry in a way that I don't usually get to see because of the time.
     "I have something else for you," Barry said, quickly cleaning off the table and putting everything in the fridge. He then took my hand and walked me over to the couch, where he disappeared down the hall and returned with his acoustic guitar.
    "Serenade me, Allen," I said, pointing to the guitar slung over his shoulder. He strummed a beginning chord and I closed my eyes.
     "This is going to be our new song," Barry said, continuing to strum and tune his guitar. "I heard it the other day on my playlist radio, and couldn't help but think of us...This is 'Fallin' all in you'." Barry then began to play the chords to the song and his beautiful vocals blended perfectly with it:

Sunrise with you on my chest
No blinds in the place where I live
Daybreak open your eyes
'Cause this was only ever meant to be for one night

This made me think of Barry and I's first true night together. Wrapped in each other as his squinty eyes looked down at me with a smile...The sun piling into the curtains. This was truly my favorite part about waking up in the morning. Being together. Being with him.

Still, we're changing our minds here
Be yours, be my dear
So close with you on my lips
Touch noses, feeling your breath
I love being so close.....

Push your heart and pull away, yeah
Be my summer in a winter day love
I can't see one thing wrong
Between the both of us
Be mine, be mine, yeah
Anytime, anytime
Ooh, you know I've been alone for quite a while
haven't I? I thought I knew it all
Found love but I was wrong
More times than enough
But since you came along
I'm thinking baby
You are bringing out a different kind of me

I remember the way he was before us. Shy, not confident, afraid...But we've shared so many experiences that changed us both as people. Though they weren't always good experiences, we've changed for the better.

There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free
Falling all in
You fell for men who weren't how they appeared, yeah
Trapped up on a tightrope now we're here, we're free
Falling all in you
Fast forward a couple years, yeah
Grown up in the place that we live

Joe's house...I remember my first night there with Barry too. Little weird for Joe, but he grew into it.

Make love, then we fight
Laugh 'cause it was only meant to be for one night baby
I guess we can't control
What's just not up to us
Be mine, be mine, yeah
Anytime, anytime
Ooh, you know I've been alone for quite a while
haven't I? I thought I knew it all
Found love but I was wrong
More times than enough
But since you came along
I'm thinking baby
You are bringing out a different kind of me
There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free
Falling all in
You fell for men who weren't how they appear
Trapped up on a tightrope now we're here, we're free
Falling all in you
Every time I see you baby I get lost
If I'm dreaming, baby, please don't wake me up
Every night I'm with you I fall more in love
Now I'm laying by your side
Everything feels right since you came along

I get emotional thinking about how much Barry has changed. It's amazing night to think that so much grown could happen in such a little time.

I'm thinking baby
You, yeah, are bringing out a different kind of me
There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free
Falling all in
You fell for men who weren't how they appear (Ooh)
Trapped up on a tightrope now we're here, we're free
Falling all in

Barry strummed the final chord and I opened my eyes slowly, a small tear falling from my eye. I then looked up at Barry, who was looking down at me with eyes full of love. I got up quickly as he placed the guitar down, and I hugged him tightly.
      "That song's perfect, Bar," I replied, a tear falling onto the shoulder of his polo shirt. "I am Fallin' all in you fast...Very fast...".
-------------—------------
I always love these types of lovey dovey imagines. This song is called: "Fallin' all in you" by Shawn Mendes. I'll admit, I was never a fan of his music until this album came out. I feel like a lot of the songs off this album could be applied to Chloe and Barry's relationship. Would you like to see more of these?
I also am thinking about writing some other books. No, it's not because I'm bored with this series or that I'm not interested anymore, but it's because I have a passion for writing and many ideas I'd like to share with you guys. What do you think?
I'm thinking about doing a "Detroit: Become Human" Connor imagines book. What do you think? If you haven't played or seen the gameplay of this game, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
An update for book 4 will be out soon, it's in progress right now, and is very long, so I thank you for your patience!
-Flashette1❤️⚡️