Extra 39: Cooling Off

Here is a short because the first book has hit 25K! Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------
It was another hot day in Central City and Barry and I were currently sitting in our air conditioned room.
     "What do you want to do?" Barry asked me.
       "I don't know. It's so hot outside. I just want to stay inside and cool off...."
      "Cool off...." Barry whispered to himself before he patted my leg and darted out of the room. He came back a few minutes later with a bag and wouldn't show me what was inside. The only thing he said was: "Bathing Suit." He then disappeared outside. I took that as he wanted me to put mine on and I did.
     I went outside into the backyard to see if I could find Barry and I didn't. I was about to give up looking for him until I felt a cold object hit my back and disappear. I looked around and still didn't see Barry. Another object was hurled at me and hit me square in the chest. I then noticed the pieces on the yard and realized they were water balloons. Barry emerged from the bushes and was holding one in his hands.
     "Mr Allen. Starting a war are we?" I asked.
      "I suppose I am....Mrs Allen."
       "How about this?" I asked Barry before speeding over to him and taking some of his balloons from his hidden stash.
       "Hey! Those are-"
       "Mine," I said before I threw one at him. I quickly headed for cover behind a tree and waited for him to approach it. When he got close enough, I sped out of the area and got him from behind.
     We went back and forth throwing and dodging balloons. Eventually we ran out and we called it a truce.
     "Truce?" Barry asked me.
     "Truce..." I said to him holding my hands behind my back. When I went to go shake his hand, I used my other to bring the balloon I was hiding out from behind and smashed it on Barry's head. He stepped back and began to breathe heavily.
     "I win," I said before I bopped his nose and hissed him. I then broke the kiss when I felt a cold substance drip down my back. Barry had done the same thing to me that I did to him.
     "I win," he mocked.
      "It's on," I said before speeding away. I returned with two water guns. I shot Barry and tossed him the other. He went to go shoot it and couldn't:
     "It's not filled."
      "Surprise!" I said before drenching him in cold water. He filled his up and we began chasing each other around. Eventually, we both ran out of water and Barry grabbed my waist. He pulled me down to the ground and laid on top of me.
      "How's that for cooling off?"
      "I'm cool now. But when we go back inside.....it's going to get hot."
-------------------------------------------
      Here is another short for you. I hope you enjoyed and thank you for 25K! I'll see you in the next short!
-Flashette1