Extra 82: Colors

Thank you for 21K! Sorry I have been absent lately, but here is a short. Enjoy!
----------------------------------------------------
       I had it all. The clothes, shoes, trinkets, jewellery, anything I ever wanted. But even though I have all that, there's something I've wanted more than anything....and that was to see colors.
       I was born with color blindness and can only see certain shades of grey, black, and white. You'd think I'm silly for wanting the ability to see color, but it's all I've ever wanted.
      And I've missed out on a lot. I'm told to enjoy my time and smell the roses, but I want to see them. I want to experience them with all my senses.
     I was at work one day when I spotted someone passing by and something unexpected happened. I gasped in the middle of the room and gave my co-worker a heart attack.
      "Its a miracle.....I can see it....all of it......" I said before walking out to that man. I could see every shade he was wearing. I could only see his colors, but that was enough for me.
      "Who are you?" I asked.
       "Barry Allen....."
       "Oh, well I just wanted to tell you that you had nice colored converse. Very stylish," I said admiring his jet black converse. I tried to cover my real desires.
       "Yeah.....I'll see you around."
      "Okay. Bye," I said before looking at him one last time before he went away. I looked at his gray trench coat and his acid washed jeans before it all faded back to dark colors as he turned the corner.
------------------------------------------------
      I'M BACK! Here is another short and sorry I haven't been updating regularly. I've been busy, but I'm catching up. I am in the process of writing a lot of shorts and more are coming! -Flashette1