Chekov

**Requests are all jumbled up so I'm sorry if yours isn't done right away and you requested a while ago. It's hard for me to keep track of the order they were originally in, but they will get done.
And I am getting more busy so I have less time to write. Hope everyone understands! 
requested by @SimoneJavierSultana
Hope everyone enjoys! I changed the request just a little bit, but not much.**

Pavel Chekov had never truly had a crush before. Sure, he'd seen pretty girls around campus at the academy and on the ship, but he had never became nervous around them.

You were on the bridge a few times a day to visit your boyfriend, Jim Kirk, but couldn't help to notice his navigators blushing. You and Pavel had been friends for ages, but he never seemed to like liked you. This had been happening for months since you started to date Jim.

One day, you came onto the bridge to talk to Jim. You and Jim had broken up recently but it wasn't messy, and both of you had a truce to stay friends. The two of you decided that dating each other just didn't feel right, but being friends felt much better. You had your eyes on someone else and so did Jim, so it just worked out. No heartbreak, no pain.

Chekov was much more squirmy today with you around. News of the breakup wasn't widespread, there wasn't much to hide about it anyway. But Pavel just seemed anxious. "Captain?" His voice broke through, causing both you and Jim to look over at him. You were leaning against the captains chair while talking before Pavel had asked Jim.

"Yes Chekov?" Jim asked, changing his stature. One thing you liked about him was how he acted differently with each member of the crew. With Spock, he was more bouncy and energetic, as well as careful what he says. With McCoy he's joking and teasing, as well as complaining. But with Chekov, it was always concern and worry, as well as a gentle look.

"Can I speak to you privately, sir?" Chekov asked, nervousness filling his voice. Jim nodded, standing up from the chair and motioning to Spock to take over. Shaking, Pavel stepped into a turbo lift with the captain.

"What is it, Chekov?" Jim asked, pausing the turbo lift in its decent. Shaking, Chekov took a deep breath and sighed.

"I really really like your girlfriend, Y/N. Like a lot. But I respect she's your girlfriend and I don't want to drive a wedge between you two it was just driving me crazy with guilt for months to have this on my chest and I don't mean to upset you captain I'm so sorry and I-" Chekov rambled, his accent getting thicker and thicker as he spoke.

"Shhh Chekov, one, I can't understand you. Two, Y/N and I broke up. It wasn't bad or anything and we are staying friends, but if you want to date her you can. Only if she wants to of course. But it's okay. I can see if she can meet you in the observation room if you'd like." Jim suggested, causing relief to flow through Chekov's body. He didn't have to worry about Kirk coming after him for trying to go after his girlfriend.

"Thank you sir, thank you!" Chekov thanked, nodding. He smiled with relief, causing Jim to too.

Jim went back to the bridge to tell you. You left to go to the observation deck, already knowing what was going to happen. You and Pavel had been friends for years, but recently you'd liked him quite a bit.

"Sorry-sorry this had to happen you love the captain I understand I you don't want to date I do I'm sorry to-" Chekov began to ramble again, his accent once again thickening. You held your hands up to get him to stop.

"I like you too. More than a friend, so if you want to go out I'd love to. As I'm sure Jim explained, he and I are just good friends now. The relationship just wasn't right, it's all okay." You say, holding Chekov's hand. Pavel smiled and pulled you into a hug, which you accepted.

He couldn't believe he actually gets to go out with you.