Kirk

-SPOILERS-

I'm not back, but I saw Wonder Woman and needed to write something for Kirk. Writing a Steve Trevor fic just feels wrong since him and Diana are amazing together, but writing Kirk feels alright. My love for Chris Pine was dying, but now the flames have been rekindled 😂
It's been a while since I've seen Star Trek and all that, so I apologize for the possible small inaccuracies. Nothing should be off, but some of it will be just a tad bit. Plus this is like Wonder Woman and what happens there, only with a happy ending. So... SPOILERS
Just an imagine. The one that's the once in a blue moon kind, but I have another in the works. Enjoy!

READ AT OWN RISK OF WW SPOILERS
////////////

You jumped onto the bed of your shared quarters, flopping down onto your stomach. Your face squished into a pillow, wiping the tears from your puffy face. Jim Kirk, captain of the starship Enterprise and your husband, was mortally wounded on a recent away mission. For the last time, as if anyone needed to say it anymore, those things were deadly.

You left sickbay as things became touch and go. Jim had coded more times than you bothered to remember, seemingly hundreds of tubes surrounding his muscle toned body. His shirt lay in shreds around the floor, blood even pooling over the sides of the table. You'd seen worse injuries, being a doctor yourself, but nothing prepared you to see the death of your husband.

You rolled onto your back, using all you had to control your breathing. Every time you closed you eyes the memories flooded back, the memories of your husband's dying body. The door opened without the code, seeing as how you forgot to lock it to begin with.

"Doctor Kirk? May I come in?" A Russian voice asked you, the voice belonging to one of your dear friends, Pavel Chekov.

"We- we aren't working Pavel. Call me Y/N, remember?" You say, concealing the ounce of happiness you were feeling. The younger man was always so formal, even with his closest friends. It was something you both teased quite often.

"Right, Y/N, sorry. Can I come in though?" Pavel blushed, trying to contain his nervous laughter. Laughing now would be a deadly game.

"Do you have good news?"

"Um.."

"Come in."

The door slid closed behind him, the bed dipping at your right side. A hand was clasped in yours, fingers rubbing soothing circles into the skin.

"Is he dead?" You ask, your voice breaking in many places throughout the three words. Pavel warranted no response, but his grip tightened on your hand.

"Not last I was there they got him stable. But they fear that.. he may not be the same. He just needs to rest. The surgery was nearly finished. I believe he's going to be okay." Pavel assured you, trying to say as little words as possible. He wanted nothing more than to ramble, but over reassuring could be dangerous.

"He- Jim- he's alive?" You ask, the hope you had lost swelling back through your body.

"Yes, he's alive, but it is a bit stressful on his body. They sent me to tell you that it's gonna be whether or not he lives the next 24 hours. He has tubes down his throat since he can't breathe on his own." Pavel explained, watching you run around your quarters, stuffing things into a bag. You were going to be staying in your office in sickbay no matter what anyone said.

"Pavel, I know how it works. Come on, let's go to sickbay!" You shout, wiping the stained tears from your face.

"Y/N! Wait!" He called, following you through the door. You ran to the sickbay, your feet clattering on the metal floors. The bag swayed at your hip, the young Russian running up behind you.

"We have a few seconds in the turbo-lift."

"Nothing can prepare you for how he looks right now. He's pale, scarred, stitched, and he looked like if you touch him he'll fall apart." Pavel rambled, following you as soon as the door opened.

"I'll manage." You whisper, pausing outside the door. Taking a deep breath, you took a step forward, the motion sensor activating. The doors breezed open, revealing the hustle and bustle on the other side.

Commander Spock stood beside a bed you presumed to be Lt. Nyota Uhura's. She had been injured in the same blast, Jim being a hero and pushing her further away from the bomb. Both would for sure be dead if he hadn't done that.

Hikaru Sulu stood to the side, talking to Doctor McCoy about something. One bed lay in the center with no one around it, at least seven machines hooked up to the man. You took a step into the room, talking becoming white noise around you.

Things returned to slow motion, some people looking over at you. Everyone of course knew you were the captain's wife and with him here, no one knew your reaction. Pavel trailed behind you, giving you distance, but making sure you knew he was there.

"Jim.." You whisper, slowly leaning over the sickbay bed of your husband. His blonde hair clung to his forehead from sweat, his icy blue eyes squeezed shut. Pavel was right, nothing could have prepared you for this. The only response you received from your husband was the beeping heart monitor.

"Son of a gun wouldn't give up, not that I wanted him to. He's stubborn, Y/N. Unbelievably stubborn. I always thought it would be his downfall, turns out to be his savior. He should be okay, Y/N." McCoy reassured you, walking over to you.

"He looked like he's about to fall apart.." You mumble, scared of what could unfold the next few days.

"The damage to his body was worse than anything I've ever seen, he shouldn't be alive. But, he is, so let's focus on keeping him that way." McCoy added, placing a hand on your shoulder. You turned around to face him, a single tear rolling down your cheek.

"I never thought to do this until now, but.. thank you." You sigh, pulling the man into a hug. Pavel strolled away, going to check on Nyota.

"You don't need to thank me, it's my job." He grinned, looking over your shoulder at Jim.

"We both know you actually care about him, no need to pretend Leonard. Can I have a few days off? I want to spend time with Jim." You ask, already knowing the answer. McCoy nodded, leaving you to stay with Jim.

Gently, you leaned forward, planting a soft kiss over the bandage of Jim's forehead. You brought your lips to his un-bandaged hand so he could have actual skin contact, studies show it can help. You remained by his side until he was out of sickbay on the road to recovery, avoiding away missions for the time being. Things could be difficult, but you wouldn't trade it for anything.

---------------
Done! Hope you all enjoyed! It's been so long since I've written this I'm sure it's absolutely terrible. But, hey, I did it anyway eh?

Dedicated to KobayashiMarue , AlanaPike , @just_another_trekkie and @ anyone who bothered to read this.

Love you all!