Spock

**This was requested by @Lizzicreates I made it a bit of an au so I hope you like it anyway.
Hope you enjoy it! School has started now, freshman year of high school. Homework will probably pile on soon so updates will definitely be at least once a month.
Edit made by @forevercats666
Jaylah and Scotty, can't go wrong with that.**

There's some weird things that can happen with genetics and who you are more around. You and your brother, Spock, had almost nothing in common. He was emotionless and very Vulcan like; you were more emotional and like a human. Both of you were half of both race, yet acted very different.

While growing up, you had spent more time with your mother. She was a human woman that had married a Vulcan man. Her name was Amanda Grayson, she didn't take her husbands last name since he technically didn't have one. Spock spent more time around his Vulcan father and the Vulcan high council.

"Y/N, why are you asking me for this?" Spock asked, looking up as you came out of the dressing room. High school prom was coming up soon; your boyfriend of a little over a year asked you to the formal dance.

"Because all of my friends are busy and you were the only one available to take me shopping. Do you like this one?" You explain, twirling in a circle so Spock could see all sides of the dress. Spock raised and eyebrow, sighing. He set his book down and looked at you, crinkling his face.

"I don't like how high the slit goes on the side. Human men have an issue controlling their emotions so you may be warranting an unwanted sexual experience." Spock told you, picking his book up again and began to read.

You went back into the dressing room and stared at the four other dresses you had picked out. One was shorter than you liked, so there was no need to even see if Spock liked it. You decided to put on a loose, but fitted, emerald green dress.

"This one?" You ask, opening the door. Spock looked up again, raising an eyebrow once again.

"That one looks fine, but you have a navy blue one identical to that one. I would suggest that color, it compliments your features better than that current one." Spock suggested, not even second guessing himself. He automatically picked up his book once again as you tried on the blue one.

He was right, it was perfect. You looked yourself up and down, smiling in the mirror. Your hair looked amazing with the dark colors of the dress. You didn't even need to show him the dress, it was already the one for you.

"You do not require my assistance in the field of prom dresses anymore?" Spock asked, packing his book into the book store bag. You nod, going to buy the dress.

<--------->

"How was dress shopping?" Amanda asked, glancing up from her cooking. You went to school on a Starfleet base, which is why there was a prom. Vulcan didn't have one.

"Really good, I found this gorgeous navy blue long dress. Spock liked it and didn't think it was too much showing off of my body." You say, taking a seat at the counter and helping chop vegetables.

"Well that sounds good. Enjoy it Spock?" Amanda asked, glancing up at her older child. Spock shrugged, letting his Vulcan side down a bit to be a human teenage boy. He was seventeen after all, you were sixteen.

Having family like this could be very weird, but you did really love it anyway.