Bad Blood - Pietro Maximoff x Reader

Words: 1553
Pairing: Pietro Maximoff x Reader
Featuring: Wanda Maximoff, Clint Barton, Tony Stark, others mentioned
Warnings: mentions canonical death, angst, hating
Requested by jadyn and me
Summary: Based on Bad Blood by Bastille, you were best friends with the Maximoff twins. Once you're recruited by the Avengers, things go downhill.
Author's Note: God I love Bastillle. Fic starts Pre-HYDRA Pietro and Wanda, then time changes to during AOU

*Edited*

---

"I'll always have your back," Pietro told you. "You're my best friend, I will do anything I can to make sure you will be okay; I'm always here." He had to remind you of this promise he made more than anyone would want to. You were afraid you would die or get hurt and leave your best friend on the Earth alone. He knew your job was hard on you, and it was anything but safe. 

You rarely saw the Maximoff's with what you do, but you always made time to go to Sokovia to spend days with them. It was hard to talk to them about your job, as it was already so scarring. But the worst part was that after this weekend, you might not see the Maximoff's for a very long time.

"Piet... I have to tell you something," You whispered as he held his arm around you. Your relationship with Pietro was only a friendship, nothing more. Sure, a few years ago, you two tried to have a thing, but with your job and you always being halfway around the world, it never worked. You both decided it would be best if you just stayed friends.

"Don't; look at the stars and take another drink. It is a beautiful night, and we should just take it in, yes?" Pietro tightened his arm as he took another sip of whatever beer he bought.

"Pietro," You sighed, looking at him, "It's serious."

Pietro looked around at the dark area surrounding the two of you. "Can it not wait until morning? We are having a nice time when no one is outside, and it is very relaxing-"

"I'm being recruited by the Avengers," You burst out, interrupting your friend.

Pietro stopped talking and kept his lips together. He didn't move; he didn't speak, he didn't even blink. He sat there, staring off without moving. After a few minutes, he jerked his arm away from you and turned to look at you, his face filled with confusion. "The Avengers?" He asked.

"Yes, they believed my skill set would be beneficial to their team, and they can use all the help they can get," You started, "I've met with them twice now to talk about if we would work well together. Steve Rogers is really nice, and we've sparred before, and he has come to terms that I am a good assassin," You started to tell your best friend, getting excited about this opportunity you were granted.

"Just last week, I met with Tony Stark where he did tests on me and got to know me to see if I would fit the team. It turns out, I even beat Natasha Romanoff in a fight," You told him, and as soon as you finished your explanation, Pietro processed what you said and dropped his glad bottle, making is break into a million pieces.

"You are serious?" Pietro asked, his eyes wide.

You nodded, scared of what he had to say. "Tony Stark killed my parents," He glared, "I can't believe you," He murmured and got up to go back to his home with his sister, feeling betrayed.

---

"Sorry that I missed the fight," You sighed as you sat next to Clint when he was trying to figure out where Natasha was taken.

"It's okay; we handled it. Probably best you were back here anyway; I'm just glad we didn't lose both you and Nat. We all know you would have been with her, so maybe it's a good thing you stayed here, so Ultron didn't get both of you," Clint told you, but it seemed he was just trying to cheer himself up with hope.