Marvelmas (2/13) - December 14 - Steve Rogers & Reader

Words: 1289
Pairing: Steve Rogers & Reader
Featuring: Tony, Wanda, Sam
Warnings: swearing
Summary: Today, Steve is the victim of holiday cheer! Have fun decorating the facility :)
Author's Note: this was actually really fun, and it sounds really fun. I want a steve

*Edited*

---

"Have you seen Steve?" You asked everyone you passed by. You told him yesterday you needed to see him today, but he acted like he didn't want to see you. It wasn't about anything bad! He was just the first person on your list, which meant you were supposed to be putting up a tree with him.

You passed by Tony's lab, which reminded you to talk to him. When you walked in, you recognized the song playing as Baby, It's Cold Outside, making you smile. "Enjoying what we did to FRIDAY?" You smirked when you made Tony jump at your voice.

"It's not so bad," He admitted, "Maybe we needed some holiday cheer around here," He started. "Since the world has been in so much trouble lately, it's nice to take a break every once in a while, and the holidays are the right time to do it."

You nodded, agreeing with him. "I have a question for you."

"Yeah?" Tony responded, picking up a mug from his desk and taking a drink from it.

"Peter and I came up with an idea yesterday on how to get everyone into the spirit. And I was hoping that you could throw a big party on Christmas?" Your voice raised at the end of your question.

"Sure, that sounds fun," Tony shrugged, "I'll make some calls."

"Thank you!" You jumped, a smile in the middle of your face. "Oh, and also, have you seen Steve?"

"Yeah, he's in storage looking for Christmas decorations. Honestly, I thought you were with him," Tony laughed.

"Thanks!" You shouted and ran out of the room, hoping to get to storage before Steve left.

You rushed down and smiled when you found out Steve was still sorting through things. "I was wondering when you would get here," He laughed, "Here, hold this."

You grabbed the random small box handed to you. "How did you know?"

"I went into your room to find you, and your list of people was sitting on your bed. When I saw "decorate the whole shebang," I knew what our meeting was for," Steve confessed. "I'm glad someone decided to take it upon themselves to get us in the spirit; you're going to do great!"

"Thanks?" You laughed, helping him take things out of the Christmas section of storage.

"But really, caroling with Bucky?" Steve grinned, acting like it was the craziest idea you could have.

"Yes! He definitely needs to be in the spirit, and a few months ago, he said he would never sing for me. So now, I'm forcing him. If he doesn't carol with me, I'll cry," You reasoned.

"Oh, yeah, he won't let you cry. Good plan."

---

You had FRIDAY play your new playlist filled with festive music as you and Steve hung ornaments on the tree. Part of you wanted to be a child and put ornaments anywhere you pleased, but the other part wanted you to be aesthetic and make the tree look nice.

"Who cares if it looks professional? It's all about the fun; it will look nice no matter what," Steve told you, and you got much more into decorating when it didn't matter.

You and Steve danced randomly to the holiday music playing, laughing at each other about how goofy they looked. "Oh, look," You picked up two bulbs, "One that says my name, and one that says Tony. Hmm, mine should go higher on the tree because the name Tony sucks," You reasoned with yourself, making Steve laugh.

"What are you guys doing?" The voice of Wanda entered the room with a confused smile on her face.

"Oh, hey, Wanda," Steve gestured her over to you two, "We're decorating for the holidays!"

Wanda admired your tree. "Wow, I haven't celebrated in so long. I haven't had many people to celebrate with," She shrugged.

"Well, then it is a good thing you're on my list!" You cheered.

"List? What do you mean?"

"They're trying to get the team into the spirit, so, to do that, there is a list of everyone's names and some with activities," Steve explained for you.

"Yeah, and you're on the list!"

Wanda smiled. "Can I have a hint to what I'm doing?"

You shuffled your feet, a nervous laugh making itself present. "Well, I actually don't have one for you yet; honestly, I don't have one for most people."

"Oh, that's all right. I'm sure we will come up with something!" You smiled when Wanda was so optimistic. "I have to go decorate my room!" She jumped up and yelled a quick 'bye' before leaving.

You looked to Steve with a laugh. "You're doing a good thing here," Steve told you and put the last ornament on the tree.

You smiled at the sweet comment, then at the tree. "It looks great!"

"It's not done," Steve walked to another part of the room. "See, when I found out we were decorating a tree, I decided we needed a unique ornament because those yearly new ornaments are a cool tradition. So, I went into town and found this," Steve handed the ornament box to you.

"This is great," You laughed when you opened the box. It was a silver ornament with a very specific "A" with a circle around it; your team's logo.

With a big smile on your face, you gladly hung the new ornament on the tree. You let Steve have the honor of putting the star on top, and it gave the whole room a new feel.

There were still a bunch of tubs that had been untouched, holding random decorations. Steve raced you to the tubs, and the both of you grabbed as many things as you could carry, putting them where you saw fit. The decorations included snowmen, Santas, fake snow, garland, lights, and a nativity scene. The room was much more festive when you and Steve were done.

But it wasn't just that room you two worked on; you put garland and lights in the hallway as well, attaching it to the wall. You two also spent hours putting lights up around others' doors to their bedrooms. "You think Nat is in the spirit? No? Lights for her!" You called out.

Once you were finished and out of energy, you and Steve both collapsed on the couch. It was a long day, but boy, it was worth it. The base didn't look plain anymore; it actually looked like it was ready for Christmas.

"Who punched Santa and made him throw up Christmas?" A deep voice yelled as they entered the main room.

"That was me," You raised your hand and tilted your head to see it was Sam who walked in.

"You went a little overboard," He walked to the couch to find Steve with you, "Did you help with this?"

"Of course I did; it was for the plan to get us in the spirit," Steve sighed. He seemed as if he were almost asleep.

"What?"

"Don't worry; you'll get your turn. Just enjoy the beauty of the base. We spent all day on this!" You gestured around.

"I am not helping you clean it up," Sam went to walk out of the room.

"Shit! I didn't think about that," You groaned at how annoying it would be. But the frown went away when you had the most genius idea; you would ask Wanda to help use her powers to put it all away! It would be a piece of cake. Smirking at Sam because of your idea, he rolled his eyes and walked out.

"We did good, Steve, gimme some," You put your hand out for a high-five, only to get a groan back. "Wow, some super-soldier."