Tricks - Loki Laufeyson x Reader

Words: 583
Pairing: Loki Laufeyson x Reader
Warnings: Swearing
Summary: Loki loves to play tricks and make jokes, but has he gone too far?
Author's Note: I got the prompt "Can you be romantic for once?" from a prompt list (that got deleted :( ) but, here is a cute lil drabble :)

*Edited*

---

You walked through the halls of the Avengers facility, shouting the name of your boyfriend. He seemed to be nowhere, and you hadn't seen him for days. "Tony, have you seen Loki?" You asked.

"I don't pay attention to him as it is," Tony shrugged, leaving you standing aimlessly in the hallway.

Before Loki helped Thor and you with the Dark Elves, you were sure he would try to destroy any world he wanted. But after he met you, he was determined to change his ways to try to have a better life. He fell for you hard, and if that meant "doing time" on Midgard, he was all for it. He did miss Asgard, but having you with him on the strange Earth made him bear it more.

It took him a while to get you to go out with him, but eventually, you agreed to a date. That quickly led to more dates, and something more. He had his cute and romantic moments, but recently, he has barely been sweet at all. He's been all about tricks and playing jokes, which made you upset. And with him missing, it only made you angrier.

Every turn you took, you had to watch your back. You had no idea if Loki would pop up or if something would explode in your face due to a prank. It was more stressful than anyone would think, as well.

You were completely done with Loki and had FRIDAY find him for you. Before she could respond to you, a gust of wind hit your back. "Do not fear, darling; I'm right here."

You turned around quickly at the sound of Loki's voice, the smile on your face contradicting the anger in your eyes. "Where the hell have you been?"

"That, my dear, is a secret," Loki smirked, "But I can make it up to you."

"You can?" You chuckled, wondering if he really meant it. "When?"

Loki turned around, moved his hands, and turned back around to you. "Now?" He grinned with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

It was a cute gesture that made you giggle. Grabbing the flowers, you realized that maybe he was trying. But as soon as you had the flowers in your hands, they exploded into glitter, getting all over your face, body, and the floor. Loki threw his hand over his mouth, trying to hide his laughter.

"Seriously?" You groaned. "Can you be romantic for once?" You slapped his shoulder, making his laugh vanish instantly.

Loki sighed and made more flowers appear. "I promise, nothing will happen to these," He nodded, kissing your cheek.

"Really, Loki, you need to stop with the jokes, please. It's going to drive me insane," You pleaded.

Loki snapped his fingers, walked closer to you, and put his hand on your upper arm, smiling at you. "Consider it done."

"Wait, are you serious? All I had to do was ask?" Your hands flew up in the air, annoyance in your tone.

"Why, of course, I was wondering how long it would take you to figure it out," He grinned, "It was something I wanted you to know."

"Loki!" You hit his arm, "I suffered through weeks of tricks for what? A test?" You tried to be angry, but honestly, it was kind of funny.

"I was trying to see how long it would take to annoy you, love," Loki started, "Stark snapped after three hours."

You nodded, chuckling a little. "Okay, that makes me feel a little better."

"I'm glad," Loki said before kissing your cheek as well as giving you a little hug.