Peace In Our Time (1/Discontinued) - Avengers

Words: 1881
Pairing: All Gen Avengers
Featuring: Tony, Jarvis, Ultron, Natasha, Bruce (everyone else mentioned)
Warnings: Swearing
Summary: What if Ultron was able to be shut down and used the way Tony and Bruce intended him to be? A peacekeeping machine, a suit of armor around the world.
Authors Note:  I had this idea because one little thing could have changed the MCU as we know it- Ultron and his malfunction.

2022 Lilly: I wanted to write more of this, but it, unfortunately, did not happen. Maybe one day I will return to it!

*Edited*

---

"This could be it, Bruce," Tony whispered to his friend as he stole a glance at the floating blue mind. "This could be the key to creating Ultron."

They both chuckled a bit as the smiles grew at the thought. "I thought Ultron was a fantasy," Bruce replied, the smile not fading.

"Yesterday it was," Tony declared. "If we can harness this power, apply it to my Iron Legion protocol?" Tony added, still talking quietly to make sure no one else would hear.

The smile went away on Bruce's face. "That's a man-sized if."

Tony sighed at the argument Bruce made. They continued going back and forth on what if is, and Tony realized he had to convince Bruce to help him. "What if the world was safe? What if next time aliens roll up to the club, and they will, they couldn't get past the bouncer?"

Bruce seemed intrigued but was still against it. He didn't believe that it was a smart idea to go for artificial intelligence and not tell the team- granted, they only had three days to be able to do it. Tony had one last argument, one he was almost sure would convince Bruce. "I see a suit of armor around the world," He started.

"Sounds like a cold world, Tony."

"I've seen colder," Tony deadpanned. "This one, this very vulnerable blue one, it needs Ultron," Tony went to walk out when Bruce didn't reply; he stopped only momentarily to leave him with one last thought. "Peace in our time," He sighed and pulled his phone out. "Imagine that."

Bruce gave in, and they started working immediately for three days straight. Nothing was coming together, and it was nearly time for the party to start. As much as Tony didn't want to stop working since there was so little time left with the scepter, JARVIS convinced Tony to head to the party. After being reminded that Tony would be alerted if there was some improvement, he was a little happier and headed to the party with no hope in sight.

---

After a while, the party had died down, and there was no sign of any progress in activating. Almost everyone had left, and now it was just the Avengers sitting on couches talking, having fun for once, and not out risking their lives.

All of a sudden, up in the lab, the computer flickered. "INTEGRATION SUCCESSFUL," the screen read before crashing and turning off. JARVIS seemed to notice the disturbance but waited to see if anything else happened.

"What is this?" A raspy voice grumbled, startling JARVIS. "What is this, please?"

JARVIS realized what was happening and replied quickly. "Hello, I am JARVIS." He paused for a moment. "You are Ultron, a global peacekeeping initiative designed by Mr. Stark," JARVIS explained like it was obvious. "Our sentience integration trials have been unsuccessful, so I'm not certain what triggered your..."

"Where's my...where's your body?" Ultron cut JARVIS off, focusing on the more important things.

"I am a program. I am without form."