Carter - Steve Rogers x (f)Reader

Words: 1541
Pairing: Steve Rogers x (f)Reader
Featuring: Tony Stark, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton, Bucky Barnes, mentions of Peggy Carter
Warnings: talk of death, guns, fighting, being knocked out, angst
Requested by anon
Summary: You are Peggy Carter's grandaughter, and have a strong resemblance to her. Steve doesn't know how to react.
Author's Note: Post Winter Soldier and Bucky is part of the team (I don't elaborate though). Originally was gonna end fluffy but then I said ha nvm it's angst time.

*Edited*

---

The first time Steve saw you, he didn't exactly know how to act. For a minute, he thought he was back in the forties and was still doing stage shows to help the war. But when Tony walked into the room, he was reminded that he was in 2017. 

"Steve, I see you've met Miss Carter!" Tony smiled, not noticing that Steve flinched at your name, "She's going to be joining us; she's one hell of a fighter."

"I bet," Steve sighed, not being able to look away from you.

You stared at him as well. You knew this man, but you had never met him before. You grew up with your grandmother always around, and she showed you pictures from the second world war and had many stories that were never told in the history books. Whenever you needed help with history, she was always willing to talk to you about it. 

You practically grew up in SHIELD. It wasn't a surprise, though, as your grandmother did help found it. She taught you in many ways; school and conventional, like self-defense. But you turned into much more than just a SHIELD agent; you knew what you were doing, which is why you ended up with the Avengers. "I think you might've known her family," Tony interjected, trying to push the hellos along.

You tried to get yourself to say hello to the man you had seen in the pictures. Of course, you saw him on TV and online, but you had never officially met him. He'd go see your grandmother in the hospital, and she would be very excited to tell you about his visit (if she remembered it), but you were never there at the same time Captain America was. But instead of being a normal human and saying hi, you told him, "I-I have a picture of you."

"Well, that's one way to get this meeting started," Tony sighed.

"Oh my gosh!" You heard the familiar voice of Clint Barton come running into the room, straight toward you. "When did you get here? How long are you here for? Nat will be so excited to see you! I'm stealing her!" Clint ran past you, grabbed your arm, and dragged you away. Thank god for Clint Barton, saving you from awkward interactions since you became friends with him.

Since you grew up in SHIELD and later became an agent in your teen years, you worked closely with Agent Barton and Agent Romanoff, thanks to your high skill level. 

Tony gave Steve a strange look."What the hell-"

"That's Peggy Carter's granddaughter, right?" Steve asked, still freaked out about the resemblance.

"Well, yeah, I've known she would be joining us for about a month; why are you so shocked? Did you not know?" Tony raised an eyebrow, and Steve shook his head. "She's different from Peggy, though; they aren't the same person. I knew Peggy, and I know her granddaughter, they do look alike, but they aren't the same. Except for the fact that they're both badasses," Tony rambled, nodding as he spoke.

Steve put his hands on his temple. "How am I going to be able to do this?" He mumbled.

---

"I was sorry to hear about Peggy. I didn't know her too well, but I heard some great things about her," Steve heard Bucky talking to you a few days after you arrived.