Blessing - Pietro Maximoff x (f)Stark!Reader

Words: 1194
Pairing: Pietro Maximoff x (f)Stark!Reader
Featuring: Clint Barton, Tony Stark
Warnings: none
Requested by anon
Summary: Pietro and you have been dating for a while, and he wants to marry you. He is determined to get your dad's blessing, though.
Author's Note: This was so much fun, I loved this request.

*Edited*

---

"Tony, I need to talk to you!" Pietro ran around the base all day, trying to find your father long enough to get him to speak. Tony kept dodging Pietro and hiding from him by saying that he had to do work all over the base. 

Clint rolled his eyes when Tony ran into the kitchen. "I swear, Tony, if you do not talk to Pietro, he's going to explode. Just give him a few minutes to talk. He's your daughter's boyfriend. What if it's important?" Of course, Clint knew what Pietro wanted to talk about; he's basically Pietro's father.

And Clint wasn't lying; it was one of the most important things that could happen. "I don't want to talk to him; he makes me mad! And to know he is having...intercourse... with my daughter does not make it any better for me," Tony argued.

Clint cocked his head and rolled his eyes. "Come on; they have been dating for nearly two years. Give him a break; he's really not that bad."

Tony slowly turned his head to look at Clint. "You know what this is about, don't you?" Tony walked closer.

"What? No, no, what gave you any idea that I know what he wants? No, psh, no!" Clint lied as he stood up to get away from Tony.

"Clint, get your ass back here!" Tony shouted and ran after Clint, but was stopped by a gust of wind.

"There you are!" Pietro smiled, and Tony swore at himself for not being more careful with all the noise: it gave Pietro a clue to where he was. "Please, let me talk to you. This is really, really important."

Tony looked around and down at his phone. "Fine, make it quick."

His smile got even bigger, which was a surprise that it could do that. "So, I'm in love with (Y/N)."

"Don't remind me." 

Pietro pretended he didn't hear that, and the smile didn't move an inch. "I want to ask her to marry me, but I need your blessing. I really love her, and I would do anything for her. I know I'm not your favorite person, but please, I would never hurt your daughter."

Tony wanted to groan. "I know you make her happy, but you've got to prove it to me that you're serious," Tony started, "Take me to dinner."

Pietro was taken aback, "D-Dinner?"

"Yes. Earn my blessing. Invite my daughter, too. Tomorrow night." And Tony walked before another word was said.

---

You found this very entertaining. You had no idea why your boyfriend was taking your father out to dinner, but you hoped it would make him realize Pietro isn't all that bad. Whatever the reason was, you knew it would be hilarious to see them at the dinner table together.

Pietro picked a very fancy restaurant you had not been to in years. He really wanted to impress your father, which was not easy to do.

You picked out a nice outfit since it was a fancy dinner, and even helped Pietro pick out what he would wear. He was freaking out, worrying that your dad would never approve. It got to the point where you couldn't handle his freaking out and left Wanda to get him ready for the dinner. "Why are you so obnoxiously nervous?" Wanda mumbled as she buttoned his shirt.

"Reasons," Pietro whispered as you waited outside of his room. He walked out a few minutes later, ready to go.

You got your father, and he took it upon himself to drive all of you. Pietro argued since he was the one taking him out, but Tony didn't trust him. The conversations were kept minimal to reduce the awkwardness. Tony asked what the plan was for tonight, and Pietro gladly explained to him. Your boyfriend was way too excited, but you could also hear the nervousness in his voice. It didn't surprise you, though, as your father can be intimidating.

Tony observed how you and Pietro interacted with each other. He enjoyed watching the little moments that made you smile or laugh, just from the things Pietro said. It was evident that everything Pietro did made you happy. He would crack a cheesy joke, and you would laugh like you had never heard it before. He would mumble something about how sweet you are, and your face would become flushed, and you couldn't stop smiling.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom; I'll be back, draga," Pietro kissed your cheek slightly and walked away from the table.

You smiled at your dad. "Are you enjoying dinner?"

Tony nodded and took a drink. "Why, yes, I am. I never understood why you liked that boy so much. Care to elaborate?"

You sighed when you thought about why you love Pietro. "Well, he's my number two cheerleader, right behind you. He can make me laugh, without all the dad jokes, and knows when to stop me. Sometimes I'll be doing work really late at night, and he'll see my light on and lecture me about how important sleep is-"

"Hey! I make you go to sleep!" Tony argued.

"Yeah, but then I secretly turn my light back on and get back to work. He sets me straight sometimes. You'll leave the room after a few minutes; Pietro will sit on top of all the papers I was working on and guard the light, so I have no choice but to sleep," You admired your boyfriend. "He's always fun to hang out with. We don't need excuses to go out or be together; we can just sit next to each other and watch a movie and have the time of our lives. Sure, we plan dates from time to time, but staying home and doing nothing is just as fun," You told your father, unaware your boyfriend was standing right behind you.

Then, you realized something and raised your eyebrow. "I've never understood why you don't like him. It's not like he treats me bad; he's better than some of my past boyfriends, which you actually had a reason for hating."

"Fine!" Tony threw his arms up. "He's not that bad. Maximoff, my answer is yes."

Pietro silently cheered and spun around in a circle, his face turning completely red and happiness overtaking his entire face. "Yes? For what?" You asked.

After Pietro stopped spinning and was able to actually breathe, he took a deep breath and stood beside you. Slowly, he got down on one knee, and your heartbeat started to pick up, going much faster.

"(Y/N) Stark," Pietro started, and your hand went over your mouth. "The other day, I asked Tony if I could do this, and I was scared out of my mind with what he was going to say. Even more so with what you were going to say if I was given a chance to do this. I heard most things you said, and whether that made me more confident or more nervous, I don't know."

"Get on with it," Tony grumbled as he watched Pietro ramble on and on.

Pietro stifled out a laugh. "Will you marry me?"